See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2015

Certainly one of the best places in Morro de São Paulo: I just loved it. Fantastic view from all rooms. Excellent breakfasts. A perfect moment, a clean room and the owners, who are Argentinians, are more than very nice people: they really take care of the guests, making sure they are spending a happy moment. There is absolutely no noise there, because you are not on Beaches I or II (nor III or IV), you are just before all of them, not far from the harbor.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2014

Aquarela was recommended to us by a friend, and I'm so glad we took his advice and stayed there. Ideal location - close to the main streets and the beaches but far enough away to feel like you're in another world. Very peaceful. Jose the owner is very engaging. I even managed a conversation with him despite me not speaking Portuguese!

Check-in was the most relaxed I've ever witnessed - all the available rooms were open with keys in the door. We were left to choose which one we wanted. Big room with a view, hammocks and monkeys for company. I should point out that there are a fair number of steps which might make accessibility a problem for some people.

Morro itself is a real gem. We only stayed as part of an overnight trip from Salvador, but I so wish we'd stayed longer. You could easily have a beach holiday here. Lots of bars and restaurants, a nightly disco on the beach. Plenty to keep you occupied, but also lots of quiet beaches if that's what you prefer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Spent one night in this Pousada and generally speaking the experience could have not been better. Jose is a fantastic host, the rooms can be booked with a great value and the place feels like home. Jose could have not done more to make our stay easy and pleasant. Loved spending some time chatting with him during breakfast, he is such a pleasure to deal with!

The only thing I would improve a bit is the breakfast, both the variety, quality and quantity - but I believe that we might have stayed in a period in which they were looking for hiring a new chef...

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed September 3, 2014

The pousada is located a just bit away from the main streets and beaches which means you can get some sleep... But it's not too far away from the bars & co (about a 7 minutes walk)
We met Jose (the owner) and had a good feeling with him. He was at the breakfast every morning, and every morning he told us where the best party was... Where we should go if we wanted good meat or good fish. He bought for us the tickets for new years eve. He also organized our trip from Morro to Itacare (Boat and personal driver)
If you aren't a local you should go this pousada so Jose can help you out organise your week on this beautiful island... It's such a nice feeling to know that everything will be well taken care of..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2014

It's not that I hated my stay in this pousada. The Italian girl and her husband were very nice, very helpful, but there are many things to change there. First of all my room was up in a hill, we had to go up many many stairs to get to our room...at room few bad surprises, such as sheets with holes and with stains, and same thing with towels. At night there is no one at hotel in Case of emergency as it happened to me and my husband, a night he got sick and I couldn't find anyone to ask for a tea, or even just a cup to give his medicine. Also there is no pool, no snacks, nothing to buy, they only serve breakfast which is not very rich, only bread, eggs, some fruits and that's it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple