See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2015

I really loved my stay at this place. My room was very clean and the view from my balcony beautiful - I liked lying in my hammock and enjoying the peace of this place. You could not hear the noice from the village, but the centre was reachable within some minutes. The breakfast was delicious. José is such a nice and great host! He really cares about his guests. I felt very welcome and more than comfortable at this pousada. It is 100% worth to stay there!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2015 via mobile

Perfect room very cozy and spacious, clean with terrace and hammock, bed is comfortable and bathroom clean, if anything wifi didn't always work in the room while it's ok in the reception, breakfast could be better for the price charged yet overall nice stay

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2015

Certainly one of the best places in Morro de São Paulo: I just loved it. Fantastic view from all rooms. Excellent breakfasts. A perfect moment, a clean room and the owners, who are Argentinians, are more than very nice people: they really take care of the guests, making sure they are spending a happy moment. There is absolutely no noise there, because you are not on Beaches I or II (nor III or IV), you are just before all of them, not far from the harbor.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2014

Aquarela was recommended to us by a friend, and I'm so glad we took his advice and stayed there. Ideal location - close to the main streets and the beaches but far enough away to feel like you're in another world. Very peaceful. Jose the owner is very engaging. I even managed a conversation with him despite me not speaking Portuguese!

Check-in was the most relaxed I've ever witnessed - all the available rooms were open with keys in the door. We were left to choose which one we wanted. Big room with a view, hammocks and monkeys for company. I should point out that there are a fair number of steps which might make accessibility a problem for some people.

Morro itself is a real gem. We only stayed as part of an overnight trip from Salvador, but I so wish we'd stayed longer. You could easily have a beach holiday here. Lots of bars and restaurants, a nightly disco on the beach. Plenty to keep you occupied, but also lots of quiet beaches if that's what you prefer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Spent one night in this Pousada and generally speaking the experience could have not been better. Jose is a fantastic host, the rooms can be booked with a great value and the place feels like home. Jose could have not done more to make our stay easy and pleasant. Loved spending some time chatting with him during breakfast, he is such a pleasure to deal with!

The only thing I would improve a bit is the breakfast, both the variety, quality and quantity - but I believe that we might have stayed in a period in which they were looking for hiring a new chef...

• Stayed: August 2014