we stayed here 3 nights early Nov with a 3-year old child, after a week of touring in the State of Bahia. When we arrived at the property after 1 1/2 hour of bumpy ride, we were relieved to find a place so peaceful, with coconut palm trees to provide the shade. The resort is located on the fourth beach which means more or less one hour walking via the beach,if you want to get to Morro itself. Or you can take a shuttle at the hotel reception which runs from the airport to Morro and back.
The main attraction of the resort is the pool, which is beautifully shaped with different levels, ideal for children of all ages. They provide bar service and you can order from the restaurant menu for lunch.
They also provide loungers on the beach, but it was pretty deserted when we arrived. The problem is, and we found this to be the case for a big part of the coastal range of Bahia, that the beach gets entirely flooded during tide and when the sea withdraws, it is covered with sea weed, leaves and sometimes even tree branches. (But maybe this has to do with the season?)
The rooms: each bungalow is divided into 2 rooms which are spacious and clean, with a comfortable bathroom and a balcony.
In the morning, you can start with a buffet breakfast with a huge selection of juices, bread and cookies, eggs and (tropical) fruit. For dinner, the restaurant was pretty empty since most of the guests took the shuttle to Morro.Dinner is à-la-carte and is of good quality, but choice is rather limited.
There is absolutely nothing to do on the fourth beach, so, if you want some entertainment, you will need to go to Morro.
All by all, a good 4-star resort which can be recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an old coconut farm by the sea, in the fourth beach of Morro de São Paulo, with a vast stretch of white sand and blue sea, sheltered by a coral reef, lies the Patachocas, a quality hotel International, where architecture is integrated with the natural beauty of the island. All building elements have been specified seeking to preserve the native characteristics of the site. We used wood as a structural material, ceramic tile as cover and for floors and walls, handmade ceramic type. Fine materials, appreciated by tourists looking to Bahia as the destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Patachocas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patachocas Eco Hotel Morro De Sao Paulo
- Patachocas Morro De Sao Paulo, Bahia, Brazil