New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Webster/Rochester

Super 8 Webster/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Webster
Detroit, Michigan
“Old, used mattresses & carpetting in "new" hotel!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

We arrived late to find used soap and shampoo in the bathroom. Was too late to try and find another place to stay. Front office provided new soap and shampoo, but after wife suspected bed bug bites the next morning, we did a close look at the beds and discovered the box springs and mattresses looked like they were obtained at a resale shop. One bed even had an old piece of plywood between the box spring and mattress!! Didn't find any bugs, but did notice that the carpetting also looked like it must have been used. Price was less than other hotels in the area, but I expect new, clean beds in a new hotel. We moved to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank rebeat0914

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Webster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

My family happen to be there on 2nd Nov 2009! We had terrible experience with Super 8 hotel. We were in Room#17. My son and wife fell sick becoz of hotel water. It was sticky and kinda oil mixed. I took my son to the doctor they found H1N1 positive. I ended up paying huge money. Please don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank mujeebtsr

Travellers are raving about these Webster hotels

Paris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

I checked into this hotel on November 2nd, completely exhausted after a 14 hour flight from Paris via Washington. I chose this hotel as it was close to my mother's retirement community and seemed to be a good value. I checked into room #208, unpacked my suitcase and went immediately to bed. I noticed small orange spots on the sheets and the pillowcase and a small light-colored insect in the bed which I mistook for a small spider. It never even occurred to me that this could have been a bed bug. That night, I awoke at 3:30 A.M., sat up and felt something on my neck. I hit it and found blood all over my hand! I got up and pulled down the sheets and at least 10 black bugs scurried for cover! I managed to squash a few of them and they were all full of blood! It was horrible! That morning, the manager refunded me and gave me another room, but 2 days after I started to get bumps all over my neck, arms and legs. I didn't know then that bed bug bites can take up to 9 days to appear. I checked out of that hotel and went to another and in the course of the next few days, over 100 bites popped out that just drove me crazy. This room was so infested and it probably wasn’t the only one! Why did management rent this room knowing that? I'm a retiree, but in my active life I was an AT&T International Project Manager and traveled extensively throughout the world and never once did I find myself in a hotel with bed bugs. I had to come to my home town to discover this! I would never recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank alisea91
Jamestown, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2007

We booked this hotel for an overnight girls hockey weekend. It was clean and quite inexpensive ($60 group rate). The beds were comfy, the rooms were clean. It's right on a main street with lots of things to do around, which was nice because there was no pool. There was a nice bowling alley next door that the girls went to. Continental breakfast was simple, but it did it's job. Not really close to the major interstates though. The desk staff was courteous, spoke English just fine. I negotiated the group rate and they were quite accommodating. We'd stay here again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — It wasn't right on an interstate exit.
  • Stayed December 2007
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2006

Stayed just for one night. No restaurants within walking distance. Not much of a continental breakfast. Just muffins and coffee. No soda machine, only water and snacks. The room wasnt clean when we arrived. Staff did clean room promptly.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank MLD07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
4.0 km away
7.3 km away
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
14.8 km away
Hampton Inn Rochester North

Been to Super 8 Webster/Rochester? Share your experiences!