“Excellent source of good local wines”

Vignobles & Chateaux
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Saint-Emilion
More attraction details
Owner description: As a well established Wine merchant, our aim is to share with you our "savoir faire" and experience in top wines trough vineyard discoveries, tastings and custom made wine selections.
Reviewed 31 August 2016

We had an excellent experience purchasing a case of wine from this merchant after they indulged is tasting a very large number of samples, including opening bottles that were of interest. Many small vineyards are represented that just are not available for purchase in the States. As others have mentioned, the shipping costs to the States is easily offset by the VAT that is saved. The wine arrived quite promptly, and was carefully packaged.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

If you want to ship some fine wines back to the States I highly recommend this store. Maxime had us taste several wines and made recommendations based on our discussion. They have a broad selection of good wines and multiple price points. They have many boutique wines as well. They will package and ship to the states, you do not pay the 20% VAT which basically covers the shipping cost. Maxime was also great in explaining the region, different vitners, and the grand cru classification system.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We loved our tours and samples. I was a wonderful day and we felt very welcome. We would return again as it was really informative.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Benjamin exceeded my expectations and provided just what I needed to feel comfortable purchasing some wines to ship home. He was more than willing to show me great value rather than just push the high priced first growths! Great wine shop with excellent selection and very nice atmosphere. I was also very impressed with the willingness to let me taste without the concern for my purchase quantity. Very accomodating! If you are in St. Emilion, forget the myriad of wine shops, and there are seemingly thousands, just go see Benjamin at Vignobles & Chateaux. It right in a quaint part of the villiage!

1  Thank Terry J
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Benjamin was amazing and excellent knowledge of all of the appellations, vintages, and the most sought after labels. He also enabled us to taste a variety of wines once he knew what we liked. We ended up purchasing some really nice right bank and left bank wines and Benjamin treats you so well that you have to stop and check this one if you are in St Emilion.