Konstantinos Apartments(Agia Efimia)(Great Value!)
US$60
Ballas Apartments(Agia Efimia)
TripAdvisor
Gianno's Apartments(Agia Efimia)
Orbitz.com
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsjunior suitepool barstunning viewsprivate poolgreek yogurtboat tripsteep hillwalking difficultieslovely hotelhired a carnumerous stepsparadise tavernahalf boardmobility issuesenjoyed our holidaywalk into townfresh fruit
Reviewed August 5, 2015

On July 23rd I called the hotel to make reservations for August 9th-14th. I spoke to Angie who confirmed the type of room and the price. I was told on the phone that the hotel does not accept credit cards and that they want full payment on the day of arrival. I agreed to it and the next day I sent a confirmation with full name and contact details. Consequently I was sent an email back confirming the type of room and the rate of Eur. 150 per night and that the total sum to be paid upfront on day of arrival was eur.750 (due to capital control she explained) and the duration of the stay and I did not bother to read further. A day before departure to Kefalonia, I check my email to print out the address and I read it again, this time until the end. The email asks me to confirm yet again that I agree to pay the hotel in cash and the entire amount upfront on the day of arrival. I send the hotel an email asking them how many times do I have to confirm? If they took a credit card that would have been a confirmation but since they want cash only the only way to confirm is by phone or by email. This time I got a shock that on the day of my departure to Kefalonia, I am left without room as Mrs. Angie did not bother to send me an email or to warn me that she has given the room to someone else. I am left with a very bitter taste and my holidays did not even start. A nightmare to be avoided

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank aaz148
Reviewed August 3, 2015

This was our second visit and there will definitely be a third. The location is superb, with panoramic views. It is evidently a suitable base from which to explore the island by car, but we have been more than content to stay local and enjoy the unspoilt coast and village of Aghia Efimia. There are plenty of good restaurants and shops which cater for needs rather than expensive luxuries. The hotel itself is simply delightful, with friendly efficient staff who really treat their guests as family. They take a genuine pride in looking after you. Each bedroom is like a small villa - comfortable and clean. The food is good and seemingly available at all times, and a large pool is an added luxury. The amenities are never crowded and a quiet tranquillity prevails. If karaoke and wild partying is your thing, better look elsewhere, but for relaxation in a friendly environment this location is hard to beat. The uphill access can be challenging, but at the same time rewarding and provides an excuse for a little extra indulgence!

Room Tip: All rooms have a good sea view. The more expensive suites are worth the extra even though they are further up the hillside.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cameron D
Reviewed July 31, 2015

As part of a fairly large group - we were in Greece for a family wedding - ranging in age from 20 to 83 - I visited this hotel recently.
There are many great things about this hotel - lovely views over the bay, really pleasant attentive staff, good breakfasts,clean adequate if slightly basic rooms but the one thing that would, sadly, prevent me going back or advising anyone else to go is the fact that there are no effective lifts and the stairs from the pool level (at which there is no toilet) to the uperfloor bedrooms is too much of a trial for even the youngest and fittest.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank DonHendersonScotland
Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

Wonderful setting for the excellent villas with private pools, aircon & wifi. We opted for half board, no regrets! Top notch 4 course dinner; plentiful and very high grade cooking. Breakfast fresh and delicious too - highly recommended!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank dockeppers
Reviewed July 17, 2015

had rooms 106 and 107 (actually a two room bungalow with interconnecting doors). Right at the top of the property so not overlooked. Gorgeous private pool and huge patio area with unbelievably beautiful views over the bay. Felt really special sitting up on the hill watching the yachts crossing the bay and you would have to pay a fortune for same thing elsewhere.
A few things needed attention during stay- sink got blocked and towel rail fell off but very efficiently repaired.
We actually enjoyed the steep steps up to the top of the hotel as it helped work off dinner but would be tough if not completely fit.
Staff were very friendly and nothing too much trouble.
Agia Efimia is a lovely place, loads of excellent places to eat. Definitely recommend hiring a boat for the day to find hidden beaches.

Room Tip: try to push the boat out and book room with private pool
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family