Book now, pay at stay
  • Restaurant
Atlantic Inn(St Mary's)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsself catering apartmentisles of scillyold townhugh towna lovely place to stayshort walksteep stepscontinental breakfastclose to townquiet locationfriendly welcomeensuite roomhome from homemain towncomfortable stayfive dayslocal knowledge
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Fab B&B, couldn't wish for more. Clean, tidy and comfortable ensuite room. Delicious breakfasts cooked to order. Carman was a lovely friendly host with lots of useful tips on where to visit and eat etc...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scillysunshine, Owner at Colossus, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

It's always lovely to read positive happy reviews - thank you. I hope we can welcome you back sometime for another Scilly fix. Best Wishes Carmen

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Carmen is really friendly and helpful, and her B&B is very comfortable and well presented. I was doing the Scilly Swim Challenge and Carmen was very understanding of our timetable for coming in and going out. A lovely place to stay, thank you!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scillysunshine, Owner at Colossus, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

The Scilly Swim Challenge is an amazing challenge for everyone. Well done to you as the sea wasn't the calmest. It would be lovely to welcome you back next year for the event again or any other time. Take care Carmen

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Following our previous July visit, we took Carmens advice to visit earlier. This years June visit was indeed better for flora & fauna. The unexpected bonus was what turned out to be the warmest, dryest two weeks of 2017! It was also worth paying a bit more for the ensuite, which was then balanced by advanced purchase of boat tickets. The accommodation, hospitality and breakfasts were of the same excellent standard we had experienced previously. Our next visit will probably be Autumnal, and the one after that, earlier in Spring.

Room Tip: The double with separate (not shared) bathroom was more than adequate, but the ensuite was a bit larger, might try the self catering next time.
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was lovely to welcome you and your wife back Chris. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing soon. We have vacancies this month (October) so just give us a call. Cheers Carmen

Reviewed September 9, 2017

We were late on arrival and unfortunately our host was no where, luckily another couple staying saw to us and showed us our room until Carmen arrived. The property on the website does give the impression of being on the flat, on arrival there were a number of steep steps down to the B&B, a slope could also be used, however on exiting the property not only are there the steep steps back up but a short but steep gradient to the main road, so if you have trouble walking you may wish to consider elsewhere even though electric buggies can be hired nearby, but as this B&B has nowhere to charge them they will have to be returned to the depot for charging.

The room we occupied was comfortable with a lovely large bed, the ensuite is not huge but adequate, the shower is again on the small side. Overall the B&B is very good and in a quiet location, save the Skybus overhead during the day.

Breakfast is an informal affair and a reasonable choice of breakfast items, orders for breakfast are taken after you have finished that day.

We terminated our stay due to personal reasons and is no reflection on Carmen what so ever. On departure another couple arrived this time early and unfortunately again Carmen was missing, this time it was our turn to act as host, perhaps this could be looked into when guests are known to be arriving as it would be nice to be greeted by the host as Todd made it clear he has nothing to do with the B&B but was able to confirm that the couple were expected.

My partner had visited the Scilleys 20 years ago and was disappointed at the number of changes not only on St Mary's but the others and in his opinion not for the better.

Room Tip: Room with ensuite is best as only other there is separate bathroom across corridor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Scillysunshine, Owner at Colossus, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I had hoped my access policy on my website was clear regarding the steps to our house but I will review this as I don't wish to mislead guests. I do my best to be at the house to greet every guest and that is why I ask for flight or boat times but due to our remote location and weather depend transport to Scilly guests often arrive later or even earlier than I am expecting them. It is difficult to be around all hours when I have other important commitments and appointments but if I have to pop out I always leave a note on the door letting guests know where their room is. That is one of the lovely things about Scilly - my front door can be left open. Lastly flights - they have to take off into the wind so that can be in any direction. The islands are very small so everywhere has flying over them on one day or another. We enjoyed having you stay and hope your journey home went well. So sad you had leave early but am glad you got home for your appointments.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

A clean and nice B&B with good cooking, nice surroundings, beautiful islands and knowledgeable hosts showing great interest in making our vacation superb. Placed on a hill above St Marys but within 15minutes walk from downtown. Excelent beaches though the temperature in the water was "fresh".

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Scillysunshine, Owner at Colossus, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Lovely review thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday. By the way it takes me about 5 minutes to walk to the Co-op/pubs and another 5 minutes to get to the quay but yes lots of my visitors are slower than me so it's good to point that out. We hope you visit us again in the future.