“Loved our server and the fresh food”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in West Nyack
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed August 27, 2017

We got off to a rocky start. Our hostess was not very accommodating when we were seated at a table near the window where the sun was streaming in and creating a huge glare. The manager had to get involved in order to roll down a window shade! That aside, our server, Erika H, was delightful. She was really attentive and helpful. She made sure our experience was excellent. The rest of the staff was great too. The meat servers were friendly and remembered to come back to us if we made a comment that we wanted more. I brought my young son over to the kitchen where the staff there was eager to show us how all of the food was prepared. The food bar was kept clean and all of the food was very fresh. All in all, we look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

I was very impressed with the service. Friendly staff and they even helped us take a family photo. Really good food too. My favorite item from the buffet was the potato salad. Favorite meat was the ribs. What I liked best was that there was very short waiting time till you get the meat. What I liked least was that the waiting time for dessert was a bit long and I didn't get the piece of cake that I ordered. We were three people ordering dessert and only got two.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

I have been to one if these in vegas and in orlando. Vegas was very good, large buffet and plenty of choice well cooked meats, Orlando was about 3/4 as good as Vegas. This one is like a completely different restaurant. Tiny buffet, not as many choice cuts of meat and they take their time coming out with them. You'll see plenty of bacon wrapped chicken at this place. Extremely salty meats and annoying front desk and wait staff make your dinner complete.

1  Thank Ask Y
TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Hello, we're disappointed to see you did not love your Texas de Brazil dining experience. All of our restaurants do offer endless servings of chicken, lamb, beef, pork, and sausage. Please note that you can request your meats to be cooked with little/no salt as we strive to accommodate the preferences of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope you consider giving us another try in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

I've gone to this location two times. Once back in the fall, and the second time recently in the end of June. I must say that I do believe that the food is better at the Yonkers location (however the taste of the food there has also gone progressively down the last couple years compared to when they first opened). This location is fairly new, opened up about a year ago.

The first time I came to this location back in the fall, I believe the meats tasted better than this time around. Also the first time I came to this location back in the fall, they had more meats brought out to us. This time when I went, they only brought about three or four different meats. Also, this time around, the meats just didn't taste fresh. It almost tasted like they reheated whatever they had from the night before. They were also, not very busy. However, in their defense, we did come fairly early, within the first hour that they opened.

The first time I came to this location, my all-time favorite, Lobster Bisque Soup, tasted sour and like it was going bad. This time however, it tasted fresh and tasty like how I've known. I must say, their salad bar is very good here (at both locations). I love their potatoes au gratin, and their black beans with rice. Their salad is also very fresh. I was a little disappointed with their bacon though. The bacon didn't taste fresh.

Overall, I would probably come here again. This location is less crowded than their Yonkers location. Sometimes their Yonkers location can be borderline unbearable. Parking is also better at this location than at Yonkers. We don't have to pay at this location for parking!

There really aren't that many options for Brazilian steakhouses in the Westchester/Rockland area. Unfortunately, this is as best as it gets.

2  Thank maazb
TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Hello, thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide an excellent dining experience for our guests. We will use your comments for improvement and would love for you to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

I have been to many Brazilian Steakhouse Restaurants , the so called "rodizio", in Brazil and in many other countries and Texas de Brazil in Palisades is probably the worst I have ever been to.
The meats are overcooked in the outside and rare, almost raw, in the inside. They couldn't grill properly a medium or well done meat properly.
The value charge is lower than the competitors, but at the end of the line, it becomes expensive if one considers that the food is not cooked properly.

1  Thank RiBa_100
TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Hello, we're disappointed to hear you experienced an issue while dining with us. We would love for you to give us another chance.