“Loved our server and the fresh food”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in West Nyack
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We got off to a rocky start. Our hostess was not very accommodating when we were seated at a table near the window where the sun was streaming in and creating a huge glare. The manager had to get involved in order to roll down a window shade! That aside, our server, Erika H, was delightful. She was really attentive and helpful. She made sure our experience was excellent. The rest of the staff was great too. The meat servers were friendly and remembered to come back to us if we made a comment that we wanted more. I brought my young son over to the kitchen where the staff there was eager to show us how all of the food was prepared. The food bar was kept clean and all of the food was very fresh. All in all, we look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I was very impressed with the service. Friendly staff and they even helped us take a family photo. Really good food too. My favorite item from the buffet was the potato salad. Favorite meat was the ribs. What I liked best was that there was very short waiting time till you get the meat. What I liked least was that the waiting time for dessert was a bit long and I didn't get the piece of cake that I ordered. We were three people ordering dessert and only got two.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I have been to one if these in vegas and in orlando. Vegas was very good, large buffet and plenty of choice well cooked meats, Orlando was about 3/4 as good as Vegas. This one is like a completely different restaurant. Tiny buffet, not as many choice cuts of meat and they take their time coming out with them. You'll see plenty of bacon wrapped chicken at this place. Extremely salty meats and annoying front desk and wait staff make your dinner complete.

TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hello, we're disappointed to see you did not love your Texas de Brazil dining experience. All of our restaurants do offer endless servings of chicken, lamb, beef, pork, and sausage. Please note that you can request your meats to be cooked with little/no salt as we strive to accommodate the preferences of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope you consider giving us another try in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I've gone to this location two times. Once back in the fall, and the second time recently in the end of June. I must say that I do believe that the food is better at the Yonkers location (however the taste of the food there has also gone progressively down the last couple years compared to when they first opened). This location is fairly new, opened up about a year ago.

The first time I came to this location back in the fall, I believe the meats tasted better than this time around. Also the first time I came to this location back in the fall, they had more meats brought out to us. This time when I went, they only brought about three or four different meats. Also, this time around, the meats just didn't taste fresh. It almost tasted like they reheated whatever they had from the night before. They were also, not very busy. However, in their defense, we did come fairly early, within the first hour that they opened.

The first time I came to this location, my all-time favorite, Lobster Bisque Soup, tasted sour and like it was going bad. This time however, it tasted fresh and tasty like how I've known. I must say, their salad bar is very good here (at both locations). I love their potatoes au gratin, and their black beans with rice. Their salad is also very fresh. I was a little disappointed with their bacon though. The bacon didn't taste fresh.

Overall, I would probably come here again. This location is less crowded than their Yonkers location. Sometimes their Yonkers location can be borderline unbearable. Parking is also better at this location than at Yonkers. We don't have to pay at this location for parking!

There really aren't that many options for Brazilian steakhouses in the Westchester/Rockland area. Unfortunately, this is as best as it gets.

2  Thank maazb
TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hello, thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide an excellent dining experience for our guests. We will use your comments for improvement and would love for you to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I have been to many Brazilian Steakhouse Restaurants , the so called "rodizio", in Brazil and in many other countries and Texas de Brazil in Palisades is probably the worst I have ever been to.
The meats are overcooked in the outside and rare, almost raw, in the inside. They couldn't grill properly a medium or well done meat properly.
The value charge is lower than the competitors, but at the end of the line, it becomes expensive if one considers that the food is not cooked properly.

1  Thank RiBa_100
TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hello, we're disappointed to hear you experienced an issue while dining with us. We would love for you to give us another chance.