“Food is not the same after new owner”
Review of Karamba Cafe

Karamba Cafe
Ranked #133 of 306 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed May 10, 2018

I have been going this restaurant for many years. After a new owner, the food is not the same, if you are searching for authentic Spanish food you will be disappointed. The food has no taste, if you try to buy food in the evening don't waste your time. The food looks horrible, all dry up. I will take my business elsewhere .

Reviewed April 29, 2018

My wife and I just returned from eating at Karamba. Our experience was average across the board, from our being greeted to the service which was provided, We have no issues to note regarding my wife's meal.
My experience was different and as such, I would like to share. I ordered salmon with white rice and black beans. I had to actually request silverware and then a napkin. The salmon that I was served was half raw, unedible. I called the waiter over and showed him the salmon, he agreed it was raw and offered to a replacement. The reality is that I opted not to accept the replacement in that my wife of 42 years had already finished her meal. Beyond the offer to replace the salmon, the staff did not offer an apology which I find highly offensive.
As I stated to my wife on the way to our car, not only will we never return to Karamba's but I will write and submit a review. Respectfully submitted

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

I have been to this place many times. The staff is on the friendly side. I will recommend the peppered steak with white rice and red beans that is my favorite plate to order. The chicken mofongo is my second favorite and the all time favorite is the morir soñando (milk, carnation Milk and orange juice). The prices have gone up as time passes but over all the food is still great and worth it.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Delicious yellow rice. The sancocho was good but not my favorite. The service could have been better. For a cheap eat this is an ideal place. I would return for the mofongo without giving it a second thought. Try it!

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

We had a group of 7, including 3 adults. The place is pretty small. That didnt take away from the great flavors. We had the Dominican breakfast, pancake breakfast, burgers and calamari. No one had any complaints, if any, it would be that we had large portions (but when is that ever a bad thing! ;-)) the food tasted like my mother cooked it in our own kitchen. The waitress was very friendly, odd thing was that though they had two other waitresses, she was stuck takinh care of us without help in bringing the plates, poor woman had to do one plate at a time. I would definitely visit here again. Loved the food and location across from the Galeria mall and a Starbucks.