“One of the quiet areas of the adirondacks”
Review of Black Mountain

Black Mountain
Reviewed 29 May 2015

I enjoy this area as a hunting spot as well as a great commune with nature
I found the largest birch tree I've ever stumbled across near the top it had to be 30 inches in diameter
Watch out for the true dogleg turn on the road on way up

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have hiked Black Mountain many times. You do not have to go all the way to the top. There are hikes to varius ponds that are moderate to easy. Although the view from the top is breathtaking.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Great trail, fairly easy hike, but don't go after it rains, the trails where very muddy & washed out.... Also on the way to the summit there aren't enought trail markers

1  Thank Cayna32
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Althought this is not considered a High Peak the summit has a commanding view of Lake George to the west and great views of Vermont to the east. Start early in the day and carry lots of water and snacks. Bring a camera too! This is a strenuous hole not for couch potatoes .

1  Thank MikeyBoy12804
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My boyfriend and I chose this to be my first full mountain hike, all the way to the top. It was a lot tougher than we expected -- the reviews elsewhere said it was either easy to moderate, or moderate to difficult, and I'd go with the latter. The trail up to the summit was wet and very rocky all the way up -- though of course, I'm not a very experienced hiker or all that in shape, so if you're a seasoned hiker, you might find this one easy. It was rough going for me, but I'm glad I pushed through and made it to the top, and the view of Lake George was very pretty when we got to the summit.

2  Thank Ravenclaw79