“Very clean & modern room but.....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Quebec City, Canada
“Very clean & modern room but.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The room I got was exceptionally clean. There was a good size mini fridge which I think is a plus. The bed smelled so fresh & clean. Downside was the noise, I can literally hear everything that's going on in the adjoining room from every word of their conversation, the TV sound & their boisterous laughter. No restful sleep for me despite the comfortable beds. I woke up to a scratching sound on the ceiling by the window....not sure if it was from a squirell or some nocturnal animal, I could hear it walking around the ceiling. I booked for 3 Adults & they gave us ONE tiny bottle of shampoo. When I turned the shower on, I was so upset by the fact I had to take a cold shower! NO HOT bath for me, although after letting the water run for 20mins it finally got lukewarm. On a positive note, breakfast was okay. There were fruits (apples & bananas) yogurt, bagels, muffins & make your own waffles. Freshly brewed coffee & juices were available too. Front desk was not very helpful & the manager was very grumpy but that didn't bother me, I still greeted him good morning. Overall it's a very clean well maintained hotel but I will never stay there again after my experience.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank GoaliesMom1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We drove to this La Quinta. This LaQuinta is most remarkable for its customer service. When we checked in late in the evening, the front desk person was really friendly. Next morning, the staff person was the same way. We stayed here because they welcome dogs. The proof? A jar of dog biscuits on the front counter. One of the room cleaners absolutely doted on our four legged friend, Lucy.

When we checked out the next day, my partner forgot his mitts. The cleaning lady came running out with them in hand so that we wouldn't forget them Wow.

The bright side breakfast comprises yogurts, cereals, coffee, tea, waffles, bagels - the usual La Quinta fare. It is my only gripe about the chain: they need some healthier options.

This hotel is not the newest. We stayed in room 104. Neat as a pin, it smelled clean, it was clean. Beds were comfortable if perhaps a bit aging. Internet worked well. Parking was safe. Very good places to walk the dog - in fact, we saw a five point deer within spitting distance. Amazing. Hotel is close enough to the airport and the freeways. In Buffalo, I would stay here again. And give your staff a raise!

This was a family trip, but not the nuclear family depicted by tripadvisor, so I'm calling this "couples."

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IaOrana_Maruuruu
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I've stayed at quite a few LQs over the years (MI, OH, GA, FL, and NY) as it's my preferred choice of hotels. This particular hotel did not disappoint...mostly. The gentleman at the front counter was the epitome of stellar customer service. It was there I learned that all LQs are pet-friendly. Who knew? He was very attentive and pleasant. The rooms are what you'd expect from LQ: clean and functional. No frills...which suits me just fine. I think it's good value for your money.

However - and this is a big however - this was the first LQ where there was hardly any hot food at breakfast. There was a waffle maker. Have we been spoiled by other locations? Where were the eggs, the meat, the variety? My fiancé said it best when he declared, "this is not the La Quinta I know..."

Breakfast aside it was a wonderful experience. I guess our expectation were set high...?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Action_Jackson2
Princeton, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is one of the best La Qunita Hotels we have stayed in --- the rooms were very comfortable, the guy at reception was very courteous & helpful, delicious breakfast.
We will definately stay again in this hotel. Cheers !!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

This hotel is just what it should be. A good, clean, reasonably priced place with free wi-fi, a decent breakfast, and a comfortable bed. The wi-fi worked great. The breakfast had some yogurt, pastries, and waffles. My room also had a refrigerator, so I could keep some other things I wanted for breakfast there. Everything in the room worked great and was well maintained. As a bonus his place was a good $30 less than some of the other locations in the area.

Most of my comments would be the same for other hotels in the area. This location is close to the airport and the expressway and there is a little noise, but I didn't think it was as bad as some of the other places I've stayed. I also wish there were a few more low carb, low sugar items on their breakfast buffet and maybe some more fresh fruit, but again I'd say they are on par with other hotels I've stayed. I bought stuff that I wanted and kept it in my fridge.

Another thing I really like at La Quintas are their pet policy, but we weren't travelling with a pet this time. But it's nice to know there's a chain where you can travel with your pet and not be charged through the nose to have them stay with you. I usually look for one when I'm travelling on personal trips.

Overall I had a great stay. This location is very nice and I'd definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Heckler987
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hotel, room, cleanliness and hospitality are within the expected value range for the price you pay. But if you require shuttle services, expect that your vehicle will be parked off-site at a Super-8 (owned by the same owner) and that the same shuttle may be used for up to three "sister-hotels". Our wait time for both dropping off the vehicle for extended parking and for pickup at the airport exceeded an hour - the latter being in the outdoor 'shelter' in sub-zero weather with a 3 and 6 year old. I would strongly not recommend you use this hotel for Park/Stay and Fly service.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keith N

Travellers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0.4 km away
0.7 km away
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!