New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Booked the “romance” package at the Hampton Inn. The room was great. The Jacuzzi is the best I have ever used at a hotel. The bed was comfy. The staff very friendly. The place is very clean and new. Breakfast and coffee great. The rate $199 for a Saturday night is decent value.. all in all a great package, and I will certainly return. The only complaint…. The Romance package included a bottle of Alcohol free sparkling apple juice (that looked like Champaign), and it needed a bottle opener... all of which I only realized after entering the tub after midnight ;-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dax_Thornhill
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Dax_Thornhill,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Williamsville to spend your special evening. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on any guest and that is our #1 goal for everyone who walks in our front desk. From the moment they make their reservation to check in, everything should always be perfect.
I apologize about your sparkling cidar, unfortunately we cannot provide champagne due to state law, however I hope you enjoyed the chocolates and the victorias secret bath products.
We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Thank you for your review and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Tracy Curtin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We had a King suite with a jacuzzi and fireplace--very roomy and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive, and the accommodations super clean and well-maintained. The hotel is conveniently located on Williamsville's pleasant Main St. near some nice shops, bakeries, and coffee houses. A Rite Aid and a Starbucks adjoin the property. It is a short (10-15 minute) to downtown, and a five-minute drive to the airport (despite this you don't hear noise from planes, etc.). A large shopping mall and movie theatres are less than 10 minutes away by car.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MESPSNY
Dear MESPSNY,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I appreciate your wonderful comments. It makes doing what we do so much more enjoyable when we have guests that have such great experiences.
We do have a great village location, which is definitely a draw for a lot of guests.
Should your travels bring you back to buffalo, we hope that you will stay with us as we appreciate your business.
Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to seeing you again.
VAUGHAN, ONTARIO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Found our new favorite place to stay in Buffalo area while on shopping trip. Absolutley fabulous! Very nice staff, clean rooms, plush comfy beds! Warmest pool i've ever seen in a hotel. Will stay for sure again in a heart beat!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Leafs_Country,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Buffalo. I am so glad that you found us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
We are fortunate to have not only a wonderful location but a great staff to go along with it. They take such pride in the job they do for our guests and their hotel. This definitely shows every day.
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor, we really do appreciate all guest feedback.
When you come back to the area, we look forward to seeing you again.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

THIS is a nice place! Room 407. King suite. $175. I must admit it, this is NOT the Buffalo I remember 20 years ago. I repent. And this is, without question, the best that Hampton/Hilton has to offer. As my loyal followers will recall, Hampton Inn is our on-the-road overnight choice. However, I had to leave the room, go back outside and check the neon lights.......they did this one up good. Check the photos. In-room jacuzzi, flat panel widescreen, sofa convertible, BIG bathroom, great glass enclosed shower, overlooking an uber-quiet back parking lot, and a wonderfully comfortable king-sized bed. Lobby level pool/jacuzzi, delicious/bountiful breakfast and very helpful desk staff (special kudos go out to Patrick Summerville for his spot-on recommendations, thank you!) , breakfast crew, housekeeping staff. Half an ambien and I slept like a king. The On-screen TV menu/remote was a bit tempermental (and a note to Hampton/Hilton big brass......consistency is why we choose the chain. Fresh baked cookies Mon-Thu "5PM 'til they run out" is not in good form. Note: I'm getting out of work @ 5PM. When I climb out of the zombie seat from driving 400 miles at 11PM would be a great time for Otis Spunkmeyer please? And (although not here) less of that, "oh we don't do that here [--] too btw? Bottom line here is, great night's sleep for a very comfortable price. Treat yourself right, stay here if you're in the area and want to be treated good.

Room Tip: Back of the building, fourth (top) floor is recommended
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear OneJumpJohnny,
WOW... what a wonderful review that you gave my hotel. Thank you for taking the time and I am thrilled you had such a great experience here. The Hampton Brand has definitely done a lot to their hotels over the years and specifically in Williamsville, we are fortunate to have such a unique property.
Our location is great and my staff definitely goes out of their way to exceed every guests expectations. Patrick is a real asset to me and the hotel. He has great Hamptonality as we like to say in the business.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that we can see you again.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
Roanoke, Va.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

My daughter and I were delighted with the specialized service of the front desk staff on September 10th and 11th. Being a member of the Hilton Family, I was expecting great service, but the young man went out of his way to make us feel at home. We arrived later than planned, and it was so welcoming to find a coffee bar set up in the lobby. This is a hotel where you can relax and feel at home. It is extremely quiet , but still welcoming to those travelling with children. Grocery store within 2 blocks, and several good restaurants in the center of town. Excellent place to stay when visiting the Falls and the Western New York area. Be sure to keep the front of the house staff...they are professional, yet friendly

Room Tip: My adult daughter and I had a first floor front of the hotel room and it was wondeerfully quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear Karen S.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Williamsville.
I cannot thank you enough for all of the nice comments. I have several front desk employees who were young men working that weekend so I shared your comments with all of them so they get the credit they deserve.We strive each and every day for all of our guests to receive the level of service that you experienced. Thank you once again, and should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope to see you again.
tracy
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed here many times before, most recently on a Saturday night. Very nice location, clean, good continential breakfast, quiet rooms to the rear of the hotel, friendly staff, nice pool and hot tub. Drug store on property, close to Buffalo airport.

Room Tip: Request room in the back of hotel, very quiet, first floor windows even open if you like
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear DstmNY,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Williamsville. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. It keeps us always striving to do the best that we can do everyday with the product that we provide and the service that our guests receive.
Being a frequent guests of ours, you know consistency is very important and we appreciate your business.
I hope to see you back this year and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please dont hesitate to contact me directly.
Have a wonderful week.
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I travel a lot for work. I never write these reviews, but feel the need for my experience at this property. When I checked in, my room looked clean. However, at 11pm, in PJ 's, I pull down the covers of the bed to find, dirt, food crumbs, chips and general filth. I could not believe they made the bed that way. Despite being unpacked and in PJ's, I call down to front desk to have them put me in another room. No deal. All rooms full. Ok, then , please send someone up to clean the room, change the sheets? Also, no go! The front desk clerk was the only one working and she couldn't leavebthe desk. So she brings me up some clean sheets (had to call her up again for pillow cases, which were forgotten) and I had to strip the sheets myself of that filth and make my own bed!!!!
No apology or even aknowlegement from the manager the next day. I tracked her down 2 days later and she said, oh we comp'd your room for that nite. So, since I'm on business, I ask for some personal compensation, like 10,000 Hilton honors points, and she refuses to even try.
Do not stay here

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 831travel
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear 831Travel,

Thank you for taking some time to provide valuable feedback. There’s never an excuse for poor service. We have reviewed your comments with our team to make sure this incident becomes a learning experience. My expectation is that rooms be thoroughly cleaned before a guest checks in. I also expect our staff to take all necessary measures to minimize inconveniences if something does go wrong and to treat all complaints with seriousness and sincerity. I’m sorry that your compensation was not sufficient, our Hampton Brand 100% satisfaction guarantee is something that we stand behind, if a guest is not satisifed for any reason, we dont expect them to pay.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for your unpleasant stay.

Best Regards,
Tracy Curtin.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0.8 km away
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
5.6 km away
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville? Share your experiences!