“Excellent Service”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Toronto
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We just came back from Buffalo after a 1 night stay at Hampton Inn Williamsville from our shopping trip. From the time I called to book the place to the check-in and check-out, the service was great.

I called to book a room for one night and Jim was great at helping in matching and beating an online price. When we showed up at around 6:30pm, they were fast at check-in and also upgraded our room from two double beds to a complementary suite which I am sure was a lot more then we had paid for. This was a great surprise and was very much appreciate it.

The Room was large and clean. It had a very comfortable king bed and a sofa bed. Sofa bed was not very comfortable, but we figure the kids can handle one night on it. I would not recommend the sofa bed for an adult or even an older child. Room had a fireplace as well as a Jacuzzi tub. Unfortunately we didn't get to use either as we didn't really have much time.
Bathroom was also very large size and clean with lots of counter space and large shower. Our suite also had a kitchenette with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, dishes and cutlery. This came in really handy as we brought left over food from our dinner as our children didn't finish all the food. We were able to store this in the fridge and serve it to the kids later in the evening after their swim.

One of the key things I picked up from reviews for this Hampton Inn was it's pool and how warm and nice it was. Both my children were looking forward to the swimming pool and they were not disappointed. We headed to the pool immediately after we checked in at around 7pm or so and noticed that the pool room, the pool, and the hot tub were really warm. I must say, I don't think I have every been to a hotel where the water was this warm in the pool. It really was awesome. Pool was a decent size and so was the hot tub. After swimming we used the hot tub which was really nice. Both kids had so much fun that they wanted to come back the next morning, which we did and were again very surprised at how warm the water was. This was really great as the kids were truly able to enjoy the pool.

In the morning after swimming and showers we went down for breakfast which was included with out stay. When we got there, there were several tables available however, that changed very quickly and it got busy. Dinning room seems small with limited space. They had all typical breakfast items from cereals, to eggs (scrambled & boiled) breads, muffins, beagles, fruits, yogurts, waffles, juices, milk, coffee, tea and etc. Food tasted good and fresh. IIRC, there was one person working in the breakfast room and she kept the replenishing everything constantly. The breakfast was defiantly above par then what I have experienced recently at other hotels.

I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn I know for sure I will be coming back. The location worked really well for us and the malls (Eastern Hills and Walden) and very close by. Also, all the stores which my wife and I like to shop at were up and down Transit road. Also the immediate area around the hotel looked and nice but we didn't really had the chance to walk around due to time constraints, but seemed they had several restaurants and coffee shops.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank John J
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Jackson John,
I just read your review of my hotel on trip advisor and I am thrilled that you had such a nice experience with us during your most recent trip to Buffalo. We have been in the village for over 8 years now and it is such a charming location. Its always exciting when we have new guests stumple across us and we can exceed their expectations. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on a guest and that is our #1 goal with every guest. Jim has been with me for several years now and he is a true asset to the hotel and the brand. Paula does a great job in the dining room and the entire front desk and hskp staff are super.
I will proudly pass your comments onto my staff. Thanks again for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you stay with us your next trip to the area.
Have a wonderful holiday season.
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I travelled to Buffalo a after New York received an unprecedented snow fall in late October. My trip from LAX was the fastest I ever went from 74 degrees to 26! Hampton Inn was nothing short of terrific! The shuttle was on time, the driver very welcoming, and nothing better than a freshly baked cookie to welcome you. Great rooms, eating places nearby are open until 10pm at least. The staff are very helpful, fitness room is small but clean and available, they also have a jacuzzi and pool. Breakfast at the Hampton Inn is good too, look for the very popular bagel tops.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gl0balTraveller45
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear G10labtraveller45,
Bagel Tops indeed!! Everyone loves the bagel toppers. We have really tried this past year to take our breakfast to the next level and provide some a little more for our guests, thank you for noticing and also for your great review. We do our best every day to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable experience with us. From the moment they get in the shuttle, as you did, until they check out. We have great, loyal guests.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to see you again, however just a warning, our winters are cold!!
Have a great holiday season.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Booked the “romance” package at the Hampton Inn. The room was great. The Jacuzzi is the best I have ever used at a hotel. The bed was comfy. The staff very friendly. The place is very clean and new. Breakfast and coffee great. The rate $199 for a Saturday night is decent value.. all in all a great package, and I will certainly return. The only complaint…. The Romance package included a bottle of Alcohol free sparkling apple juice (that looked like Champaign), and it needed a bottle opener... all of which I only realized after entering the tub after midnight ;-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dax_Thornhill
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Dax_Thornhill,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Williamsville to spend your special evening. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on any guest and that is our #1 goal for everyone who walks in our front desk. From the moment they make their reservation to check in, everything should always be perfect.
I apologize about your sparkling cidar, unfortunately we cannot provide champagne due to state law, however I hope you enjoyed the chocolates and the victorias secret bath products.
We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Thank you for your review and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
New York, NY
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We had a King suite with a jacuzzi and fireplace--very roomy and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive, and the accommodations super clean and well-maintained. The hotel is conveniently located on Williamsville's pleasant Main St. near some nice shops, bakeries, and coffee houses. A Rite Aid and a Starbucks adjoin the property. It is a short (10-15 minute) to downtown, and a five-minute drive to the airport (despite this you don't hear noise from planes, etc.). A large shopping mall and movie theatres are less than 10 minutes away by car.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MESPSNY
Dear MESPSNY,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I appreciate your wonderful comments. It makes doing what we do so much more enjoyable when we have guests that have such great experiences.
We do have a great village location, which is definitely a draw for a lot of guests.
Should your travels bring you back to buffalo, we hope that you will stay with us as we appreciate your business.
Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to seeing you again.
VAUGHAN, ONTARIO
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Found our new favorite place to stay in Buffalo area while on shopping trip. Absolutley fabulous! Very nice staff, clean rooms, plush comfy beds! Warmest pool i've ever seen in a hotel. Will stay for sure again in a heart beat!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Leafs_Country,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Buffalo. I am so glad that you found us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
We are fortunate to have not only a wonderful location but a great staff to go along with it. They take such pride in the job they do for our guests and their hotel. This definitely shows every day.
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor, we really do appreciate all guest feedback.
When you come back to the area, we look forward to seeing you again.
New York
Reviewed 11 October 2011

THIS is a nice place! Room 407. King suite. $175. I must admit it, this is NOT the Buffalo I remember 20 years ago. I repent. And this is, without question, the best that Hampton/Hilton has to offer. As my loyal followers will recall, Hampton Inn is our on-the-road overnight choice. However, I had to leave the room, go back outside and check the neon lights.......they did this one up good. Check the photos. In-room jacuzzi, flat panel widescreen, sofa convertible, BIG bathroom, great glass enclosed shower, overlooking an uber-quiet back parking lot, and a wonderfully comfortable king-sized bed. Lobby level pool/jacuzzi, delicious/bountiful breakfast and very helpful desk staff (special kudos go out to Patrick Summerville for his spot-on recommendations, thank you!) , breakfast crew, housekeeping staff. Half an ambien and I slept like a king. The On-screen TV menu/remote was a bit tempermental (and a note to Hampton/Hilton big brass......consistency is why we choose the chain. Fresh baked cookies Mon-Thu "5PM 'til they run out" is not in good form. Note: I'm getting out of work @ 5PM. When I climb out of the zombie seat from driving 400 miles at 11PM would be a great time for Otis Spunkmeyer please? And (although not here) less of that, "oh we don't do that here [--] too btw? Bottom line here is, great night's sleep for a very comfortable price. Treat yourself right, stay here if you're in the area and want to be treated good.

Room Tip: Back of the building, fourth (top) floor is recommended
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear OneJumpJohnny,
WOW... what a wonderful review that you gave my hotel. Thank you for taking the time and I am thrilled you had such a great experience here. The Hampton Brand has definitely done a lot to their hotels over the years and specifically in Williamsville, we are fortunate to have such a unique property.
Our location is great and my staff definitely goes out of their way to exceed every guests expectations. Patrick is a real asset to me and the hotel. He has great Hamptonality as we like to say in the business.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that we can see you again.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
Roanoke, Va.
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My daughter and I were delighted with the specialized service of the front desk staff on September 10th and 11th. Being a member of the Hilton Family, I was expecting great service, but the young man went out of his way to make us feel at home. We arrived later than planned, and it was so welcoming to find a coffee bar set up in the lobby. This is a hotel where you can relax and feel at home. It is extremely quiet , but still welcoming to those travelling with children. Grocery store within 2 blocks, and several good restaurants in the center of town. Excellent place to stay when visiting the Falls and the Western New York area. Be sure to keep the front of the house staff...they are professional, yet friendly

Room Tip: My adult daughter and I had a first floor front of the hotel room and it was wondeerfully quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear Karen S.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Williamsville.
I cannot thank you enough for all of the nice comments. I have several front desk employees who were young men working that weekend so I shared your comments with all of them so they get the credit they deserve.We strive each and every day for all of our guests to receive the level of service that you experienced. Thank you once again, and should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope to see you again.
tracy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0.7 km away
4.6 km away
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
4.5 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville? Share your experiences!