New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Toronto
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Just back from staying 2 nights at the Hampton Inn Williamsville, NY

Pro's - Surprised at how nice the location was walking distance to the Irishman Pub and Eatery(it was St. Patrick's day after all) or the Glen Park Tavern both excellent places to have dinner and a few drinks. Also close by to a nice park with small waterfall and rapids on a warm spring day great place for a walk. In terms of the hotel - the pool although only 4'6" in deepest spot was clean and enjoyed by my kids. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and we appreciate that it had some healthy choices. On Thursday night they had fesh cookies out nice way to arrive, they also have a coffee and tea station that is available all night. The hotel staff was excellent, friendly and helpful and even called our room each day to ensure we were satisfied.
Cons - Just a few, now in fairness - never stayed at a Hampton Inn before so perhaps should not be expecting Hilton quality but differences we noticed - hotel beds definately not as comfortable as the Hiltons we've been staying at, the HVAC in our room was also not up to snuff - starting each evening quite warm and eventually cooling down to match the thermostat. Finally we stayed on the third floor in 327 and 328 were next to a hockey team (in 326) which as expected was noisy late at night but the noise carries between rooms more than you'd expect at a typical Hilton.

Overall a well run, well located and friendly hotel just not quite a Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pwr1019
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear pwr1019,
Thank you for taking the time to rate my hotel during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Williamsville. I take great pride when a guest has a truely enjoyable stay with us and I enjoy passing the comments onto my team. We do have a great location and with the beautiful weather we had this weekend, I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy the village.
I am glad you where able to enjoy the pool/spa, fitness centre and take advantage of our breakfast also.
I apologize for the HVAC in your room, our units work on a sensor so the fan comes on and off when there is movement in the room. Our beds are hampton spec beds, which each brand in the Hilton family do have their own specific bedding package that they need to have and we did purchase all new beds last winter, so I apologize that they were not comfortable for you.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, please feel free to contact me directly to set up your reservation for you.
Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Depew, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Wonderful hotel and staff! This property is located in the quaint village of Williamsville. Top notch! Beautiful decor, comfy beds, very nice pool area, very nice breakfast, great coffee. Tracy & Janine at the front dest were very nice & helpful. Will definitely recommend and stay there again!! You won't be disappointed! Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a two queen bed room, it was very nice. Bathroom was a great size, happy with everything.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of the hotel on trip advisor.
It was very nice chatting with you during your stay and sharing some hotel stories. I know you are local, but I hope we get to see you again when you bring your family for an overnight.
I will pass your comments on to my team so they can also know what a great job they are doing for our guests.
Have a great week
Tracy.
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I arrived late and stayed only one night for a very early morning flight (left at 3:45 AM) so I did not get a chance to take advantage of any of the amenities. The hotel is well located, very nicely decorated, and clean, but my main interest was a few comfortable hours of sleep.
The HVAC system is horrible - tried to get heat (New York is cold in February!) but all I could get was A/C for ~5 minutes followed by heat for ~5 minutes then nothing for about a half hour. Asked for a space heater or a different room and front desk said they had no heater and all rooms are the same. I will NOT be back!!
(I gotta add that I am Hilton diamond because I spend a very large part of my life in Hilton family hotels and am generally very pleased by their offerings, but every once in a while there is a disappointment.)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hdirad
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear hdirad,
Thank you for taking some time to provide valuable feedback. There’s never an excuse a disappointing stay. We have reviewed your comments with our team to make sure this incident becomes a learning experience and we can address the issue in the room with our heating unit. We will take all necessary measures to minimize inconveniences if something does go wrong and to treat all complaints with seriousness and sincerity. We did honor our brand promise because if a guest is not satisifed for any reason, we dont expect them to pay.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for your unpleasant stay.
Englewood, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

The hotel was incredibly clean. The staff were friendly. My room was incredibly comfortable and tidy. The continental breakfast was quite amazing. I am so accustomed to just stale bagels and cereal, but this hotel served hash browns, omelets, sausage, bacon, and a myriad of other fresh breakfast items. The pool, though a bit small, was a lovely indoor pool. It was very clean. The hot tub was wonderful and incredibly relaxing. The size of the pool was a non-issue for me, as I didn't book there to swim. It was more of just an added bonus. All in all, a WONDERFUL hotel!

I highly recommend this hotel and it is the only hotel I will stay in when in the Amherst/Williamsville area!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tyedyedturtle
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Dear Tyedyeturtle,
Thank you for taking the time to review my property and your stay on trip advisor. I appreciate all feedback from all guests and take great pride in sharing it with my staff.
Should your travels bring you back to the area I hope we can accommodate you again. We have a great hotel team here and a great location.
Have a wonderful holiday season and thanks again for your feedback.
Tracy Curtin
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

The location of this propety can't be beat. Close to the city as well as the airport. The property is lovely with large, well furnished rooms. The entire place was light, bright, and very clean. We arrived early due to a mix up in travel plans. The room we booked (a queen room) wasn't ready yet, and we were upgraded so we could go to a room immediately. The staff was very familiar with area restaurants and places of interest and went out of their way to see that we found everything we were looking for. We stayed 4 nights and were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barbaragwen270
Dear Barbara270,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. As always, we appreciate any and all feedback so that we can maintain a higher level of guest satisfaction. If there's anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable, please let us know.
Have a wonderful holiday season and I hope to see you again.
Tracy Curtin
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We just came back from Buffalo after a 1 night stay at Hampton Inn Williamsville from our shopping trip. From the time I called to book the place to the check-in and check-out, the service was great.

I called to book a room for one night and Jim was great at helping in matching and beating an online price. When we showed up at around 6:30pm, they were fast at check-in and also upgraded our room from two double beds to a complementary suite which I am sure was a lot more then we had paid for. This was a great surprise and was very much appreciate it.

The Room was large and clean. It had a very comfortable king bed and a sofa bed. Sofa bed was not very comfortable, but we figure the kids can handle one night on it. I would not recommend the sofa bed for an adult or even an older child. Room had a fireplace as well as a Jacuzzi tub. Unfortunately we didn't get to use either as we didn't really have much time.
Bathroom was also very large size and clean with lots of counter space and large shower. Our suite also had a kitchenette with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, dishes and cutlery. This came in really handy as we brought left over food from our dinner as our children didn't finish all the food. We were able to store this in the fridge and serve it to the kids later in the evening after their swim.

One of the key things I picked up from reviews for this Hampton Inn was it's pool and how warm and nice it was. Both my children were looking forward to the swimming pool and they were not disappointed. We headed to the pool immediately after we checked in at around 7pm or so and noticed that the pool room, the pool, and the hot tub were really warm. I must say, I don't think I have every been to a hotel where the water was this warm in the pool. It really was awesome. Pool was a decent size and so was the hot tub. After swimming we used the hot tub which was really nice. Both kids had so much fun that they wanted to come back the next morning, which we did and were again very surprised at how warm the water was. This was really great as the kids were truly able to enjoy the pool.

In the morning after swimming and showers we went down for breakfast which was included with out stay. When we got there, there were several tables available however, that changed very quickly and it got busy. Dinning room seems small with limited space. They had all typical breakfast items from cereals, to eggs (scrambled & boiled) breads, muffins, beagles, fruits, yogurts, waffles, juices, milk, coffee, tea and etc. Food tasted good and fresh. IIRC, there was one person working in the breakfast room and she kept the replenishing everything constantly. The breakfast was defiantly above par then what I have experienced recently at other hotels.

I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn I know for sure I will be coming back. The location worked really well for us and the malls (Eastern Hills and Walden) and very close by. Also, all the stores which my wife and I like to shop at were up and down Transit road. Also the immediate area around the hotel looked and nice but we didn't really had the chance to walk around due to time constraints, but seemed they had several restaurants and coffee shops.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank John J
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Jackson John,
I just read your review of my hotel on trip advisor and I am thrilled that you had such a nice experience with us during your most recent trip to Buffalo. We have been in the village for over 8 years now and it is such a charming location. Its always exciting when we have new guests stumple across us and we can exceed their expectations. Its wonderful when we make such a great impression on a guest and that is our #1 goal with every guest. Jim has been with me for several years now and he is a true asset to the hotel and the brand. Paula does a great job in the dining room and the entire front desk and hskp staff are super.
I will proudly pass your comments onto my staff. Thanks again for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you stay with us your next trip to the area.
Have a wonderful holiday season.
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you again.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I travelled to Buffalo a after New York received an unprecedented snow fall in late October. My trip from LAX was the fastest I ever went from 74 degrees to 26! Hampton Inn was nothing short of terrific! The shuttle was on time, the driver very welcoming, and nothing better than a freshly baked cookie to welcome you. Great rooms, eating places nearby are open until 10pm at least. The staff are very helpful, fitness room is small but clean and available, they also have a jacuzzi and pool. Breakfast at the Hampton Inn is good too, look for the very popular bagel tops.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gl0balTraveller45
tcurtin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear G10labtraveller45,
Bagel Tops indeed!! Everyone loves the bagel toppers. We have really tried this past year to take our breakfast to the next level and provide some a little more for our guests, thank you for noticing and also for your great review. We do our best every day to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable experience with us. From the moment they get in the shuttle, as you did, until they check out. We have great, loyal guests.
Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to see you again, however just a warning, our winters are cold!!
Have a great holiday season.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0.8 km away
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
5.6 km away
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst

Been to Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville? Share your experiences!