“Excellent food”

Ranked #58 of 171 Restaurants in Williamsville
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We ate here while in New York. The food was excellent. We got bibimbap and beef bulgogi. While we were eating our server asked us if we would like more side dish servings. I was shocked. I have eaten in many Korean restaurants and when I ask for more kimchi they say no every time. They say “We must save for other customers”. I always want to pay for it, I ask for nothing for free. Needless to say I really appreciated her asking us. It is very rare and beautiful thing to get more kimchi in a Korean restaurant.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Just only one grill plate is served when ordering BBQ.
I have been many Korean BBQ restaurants in Korea and NYC, but I never saw and heard that just one grill is served. If the plate is burnt, they take it to the kitchen and cook it. Better sit in normal table, and just order BBQ, and then let them cook it in their kitchen. When customers ask the qualities about meats to the owner, basically if owners have nice owner mind, it's easy to explain about what they serve and which one is more fresh to be honest, instead of showing uncomfortable feature to customers. There is no say good bye, just only say hi in this restaurant. I will never go there anymore. They should learn what feedback is between customers and owner, and how the feedback can affect and improve to business.

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

Excellent service our first time there food was great would definitely go back there lots of options to try

Reviewed August 19, 2016

I have always wanted to try Korean food so the kids and I decided to go on a Dinner Adventure and try something new. So we went to the Korea House. We decided to try the Korean Barbecue combo ( chicken, beef, short rib, and pork) and the DOLSOT BIBIMBAP (cooked vegetables with beef over rice in a hot stone bowl). We were not disappointed! the rice in the Bibimbap was nice and crispy on the edges and it was very good! and we loved the flavor of the barbecue meats. The sides were fun to try as well, I loved the pickled cucumbers, the fish cakes were different but tasty not fishy at all. My only negative was that I felt rushed. but that may have been because we told the waiter that we had never had Korean food before and he kept coming over to help us and basically kept putting the meat on the grill, I would have done it a bit slower giving us some more time in-between cooking each of the meats. but all in all we loved it and will definitely be returning for another meal!

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Without exception, everything we've eaten at the Woo Chon has been incredibly delicious! We love going anytime but especially love their lunchbox! The portions are ample and if you leave hungry it's not that they didn't try hard to please you. They serve Korean side-dishes called banchan in addition to an all-ready generous lunch-box tray; these are typical items from Korea such as Kimchi and lesser-spicy foods that accompany the main entree.Love 'em ? just ask for a bit more, they are happy to oblige. The service is always great and given by Korean staff. The current owners are Korean and try their best to give you great value for a great meal!