“Good Chinese takeout ”

Wok 28
Ranked #88 of 163 Restaurants in Williamsville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Ever since I moved to Western NY back in 1996 I've been searching for a decent Chinese takeout place. The options here are pretty poor and I'm usually disappointed. On the advise of a friend I decided to give Wok 28 a try. I'm glad I did. The food here is not to the standard of NYC's Chinatown or Fort Erie but it's extremely solid for Chinese takeout. I ordered the General Tso's Chicken and my wife had the Sweet & Sour Chicken (yes, we played it safe so we could accurately compare to other places we've ordered from). Our chicken was tender and not overly battered. The fried rice was fairly intricate and delicious. Both egg rolls were fried properly. The prices were good -- standard for Chinese takeout. For what we ordered this is probably the best Chinese takeout we've had in the region. I struggled a bit with how to rate Wok 28. While good for the area, it is 3 star quality compared to other places I've ate in NYC and Canada. However, I've not found any better in WNY, so this is the standard that I will judge on. Very solid with good portions. We'll definitely order from Wok 28 again.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Favorites are: wonton soup, shrimp toast, steamed dumplings, fried rice, crab ragoons, lo-meins. Every family member has their favorite dinner selection. Try the combos and see what YOU like!

Reviewed 8 October 2014 via mobile

Ordered from this place for the first time and was very surprised how fast I got my order and how good the food was. The name of the restaurant is actually Wok 28. Noticed the kitchen was kept clean. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Enjoy their soups and combination meals. Not fancy at all... great for take out. They are fast, food hot, and fresh.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Yes they are usually fast, but their food is just okay, they frequently mess up orders and the man (the same one) who answers the phone as well as the one who seems to make the most deliveries have AWFUL attitudes and I do mean AWFUL!!!