“Chimichangas and live music! ”

La Tolteca - Buffalo, NY
Ranked #13 of 174 Restaurants in Williamsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Tolteca mexican restaurants are synonymous with mexican food a long established mexican restaurant in the country. La Tolteca offers a wide variety of authentic mexican cuisine that has developed a loyal customers. Come and enjoy the authentic mexican restaurant with Us.
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Chimichangas, homemade salsa and live music, all the makings of a great dinner. My dinner was good but not overly flavorful when I added the salsa Yum!! Then the live music started and it got lively. This restaurant was busy on a Thursday night. There were several large groups near me. My server Rebecca was very nice and efficient- my only recommendation would be that the uniforms be a little more tidy.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

My favorite Mexican restaurant! Authentic, friendly, fun! Have never had a bad meal or experience there and have been there for years. Usually get the Grande speciale that has everything from a taco, enchilada, poblano to rice and beans.
It is kid friendly And has a full bar. They don't take reservations but if there is a wait it is never a long one.

1  Thank Sawyerbear
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Just Bad! We both ordered the Beef Enchiladas and Margarita's. Margarita's were weak, weak, weak! How do you make ground beef dry and greasy? I don't know but they did it. The sauce on top was no doubt tomato soup. I know there are not many Mexicanish Restaurants in this area but take the drive to El Ranchito's.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

Took the family out for dinner on Friday, looking for good Mexican food. We arrived at La Tolteca and were seated near the back of the restaurant, near the kitchen in a tight booth near a temporary wall. Not very nice, and kind of loud. We were given some chips and our drinks (daiquiris were not very good) and placed our orders. Most of the food came out just fine, but one plate of enchiladas was little more than lukewarm. We mentioned this to the server, who put in another order. The second order took almost 20 minutes and came out, again, barely warm. It was removed from our bill, but the manager didn't even stop by to see what the issue was. The server, whom we sensed was getting frustrated by us of the kitchen staff, handled everything, which is what you want, but a visit from the manager would have been nice as the server can't do anything about the kitchen staff.

All in all, the other dinners were just OK, but we all agreed we wouldn't go back any time soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

We are big Mexican lovers because of the great flavors and different varieties you can get. But we had a terrible experience here again. Last time was just ok so we gave it a chance again! Had a wait so we went to the bar for a cocktail. Started with a Margarita. Size was just fine but the flavor wasn't there at all. Just tasted like MARG mix with NO tequila. So we sat at the table and ordered a Queso with are chips. Queso was very runny and luke warm at best. Flavor had a lot to be desired. Didn't taste anything but the AM cheese sauce. After this it didn't get better. Waiter was clueless on anything we wanted. I ordered a quesadilla with Steak and the steak was minimal and the flavor lacked. My wife picked threw her burrito and ate maybe a few bites. My son who is 7 even said daddy why did we come to this Mexican place. Well it will be the last time. The 1 good thing was the place is large and nice looking but food and service definitely lack.

1  Thank Killian25