“THIS PLACE WINS A PRIZE FOR.....”

The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are glad you found us on the web and would love for you to come visit us in The Great Northern Catskill Mountains! We opened The Catskill Mountain Country Store in 1994. We started in the town of Windham, NY with a small store where we sold local crafts, fresh produce, gourmet foods and baked goods made from Pop Pop Siegfried's recipes (Natasha's Great Grandpop). We purchased the Windham Garden Center in 1995 and added our own garden center, looking zoo and walking paths. Then in 2000 we built an addition for our restaurant. We have been serving the best breakfast and lunch in New York, maybe...The USA since then! But wait, there is more. IT IS OFFICIAL!!!! We are open in Tannersville, NY. Stop by at our second location for Breakfast or Lunch, or buy a great gift. Try our homemade, jams, jellies, breads, pies, sodas and the list goes on! Tannersville has a special secret...An old fashion ice cream counter. Both locations are similar, but have their own unique charm. Our entire family is excited to be in two amazing communities in the Catskills! We will be bringing to Tannersville what we have been doing successfully in Windham, for the last twenty years! This has been a wonderful journey shared by our three children, 16 year old Sydney, 15 year old Augustus and 11 year old Victoria. Come visit and share a piece of the country that we call home!
Reviewed March 30, 2018

.....the ABSOLUTE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER experienced in a restaurant!!!! It was comical how bad it was, from the woman at the counter taking names (not in the order of when people arrived which caused all sorts of problems), to the waitress and bus staff. Once we were finally seated, and after sitting at the table for 15mins, no water, no setups, no acknowledgement, apology, or anything, I had to walk over and grab some menus to at least get the ball rolling. And it was not even that busy!! All this neglectful abuse for mediocre food. The only reason I am not giving it a "Terrible" rating is that the tourist trap of a store is kinda cute.

Drew S, Owner at The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Hello
We are sorry you were so disappointed in our service. We are trying to track do what happened. Could you tell us the day and time you were in so we can so we can speak with the appropriate staff? When you give us that information Iwe can make sure this type of breakdown in service does not happen again
Drew shuster
Owner

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We were skiing at Windham and someone recommended this place for breakfast before we started to head back home. I expected a halfway decent, at best, diner-esque kind of place. The kind of place where it’s the only game in town and accompanying that is little attention to anything other than providing the bare minimum. This place was anything but that.

It’s a half country store/half eatery. Very clean and inviting. The menu contained it had to be 15+ different kinds of omelettes that were very inventive. I had the ‘rough greek’ and there were actually other Mediterranean inspired omelettes as well, and that was nowhere near the limit of all they had to offer. Sides were interesting, including a lot of toast variety (my friends had marble rye) and ‘raw fries’, fries, or sweet potato fries. Lots of gluten free options for those so inclined.

The server had excellent humor and she was prompt and didn’t make mistakes.

The food arrived (I also ordered fruit) on time and it was excellent. The hot sauce I used (3 pepper lemon) was so good and unique tasting that I bought a couple of bottles (and a bottle of Angry Hornet as well) after we finished breakfast. I gotta say I didn’t expect much and I will remember this place for some time. I’d seek it out in an instant if I was anywhere near there again.

Drew S, Owner at The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Thank you for your beautiful review. We are so glad you found us.
The shuster family

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Another great breakfast at this Windham favorite. We have been coming here for breakfast and lunch over past 10 years or so and the food is always great and the servers very friendly. Even in the throws of 'hell week' they're incredibly courteous. As a vegan there were even selections that allowed me to have a satisfying breakfast.

Shustonia, Owner at The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Hi Nick, Thanks for coming back over the years! We like to Think of this week as "heaven" week....hopefully lots of business! We are always trying to put out more veggie options. Thanks again for visiting us, here in the Catskills! Our best, The Shusters

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful spot for a bite to eat! I've stopped here a number of times in the past but I hadn't been back upstate in a few years so I was overjoyed to find that it was still open and still great. The shop is cute as can be and I've spent lots of time wandering and browsing and playing with the kids stuff. The restaurant serves delicious fresh food with a smile. The breakfast is DELISH! The staff are genuine, friendly, and down to earth people. And, lastly, the animals are simply gorgeous and lovely. Everyone should stop in if they can!

1  Thank Jess S
Drew S, Owner at The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Wow! Thanks so much Jess . We can't wait for your next visit. We will share your review with our staff, it wii make their day.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

Great food and Delicious Fudge. The place is not to be missed, come hungry. Service is friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

Shustonia, Owner at The Catskill Mountain Country Store and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Thanks for the great review! See you soon