“Beautiful, Cozy Wine and Tapas Bar Nestled in the Catskills”

Ze Windham Wine Bar
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Reviewed November 17, 2016

Beer and wing type breweries still make up most of the drink spots near Hunter Mountain, but as the area continues to evolve into more of a hipster getaway, the cocktail and food scene is evolving right along with it.

Enter Ze Windham ... a 1-1/2 year old wine and tapas bar, with a more than respectable beer selection, that sits in a 200-year old house right behind the post office off Route 23. The sparkly Christmas lighting outside gives way to a jewel box interior, filled with glamorous, sexy little hideaways and cool, rustic antiques all throughout the main floor. Mirrors, crystals and furs are warmed by the candlelight throughout, but the warmest part of the wine bar are Jessikah and Cordelia Schreiber, the mother-daughter duo who own the place.

We ordered a charcuterie and a cheese platter and put ourselves in Jessikah's capable hands (see pictures). All I can say, is if they have the carmelized onion English cheddar when you go there, grab it!

They have an excellent selection of wines from all around the world. I took Cordelia's advice and ordered their house cocktail, a Ze Royal - a variation of a Kir Royal : champagne with pomegranate and cranberry juice.

The drink and tapas selection is great, the hosts warm and knowledgeable and the atmosphere warm, sexy and cozy. A must-not-miss experience for date night, a light dinner or an apres horseback riding cocktail!

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that this place is so adorable. Decorated chic, trendy and fun, I immediately liked it upon arrival. We were meeting a friends friends. They were finishing up and we were starting our evening.

We order 2 beers and a glass of White Sangria. We needed some snacks so we ordered the chips and guacamole and the pretzel roll with herbed butter. The guacamole was tasteless, the chips were from a bag. But the pretzel roll was a heap of bread. There was nothing pretzel about it, no salt, just a big, fat, bread roll. And cold to boot. What a disappointment. The bill was overpriced for what we had. The service was slow although it was a busy, warm, fall day and they were pretty crowded. I would not go back based on the food (snacks) alone. I would not have minded that it was overpriced if everything was wonderful because the place itself is just so cute. But based on what we were served, once was enough for me.

cordeliaschreiber, Owner at Ze Windham Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Hi Dawn,

In the New Year we are responding to reviews on social media to learn from our guests and further develop our establishment. In the past I tried to message you to express how disappointing it was to read that you did not enjoy your experience fully at the wine bar, not sure what happened to that response so I thought I would give it another go. I did look up the check with the items you ordered totaling thirty five dollars and change, if the foods were not to your liking we wish you would have let us know as we could have rectified the situation. My mother Jessika and I take great pride in our business and want to ensure that everyone experiences a pleasant time while at our establishment. We would greatly appreciate the chance to serve you again and earn the chance to offer you a better experience. I sincerely look forward to the opportunity.

KInd regards,
Cordelia

Reviewed October 17, 2016

We needed to get a small bit to carry us over until after a movie, so we stopped in. The menu is varied with sampling wonders of cheese and snacks. The wide and beer will allow anyone who drinks to explore a full range of tastes. After grabbing a bit, we were pretty full and we did have fun with conversations with our friends.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Had a nice night out at Ze Windham Wine Bar. Good wine, and good things to munch on while relaxing and soaking in the atmosphere.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

One of our favorite local spots. Great selection of wine, beer, and small bites. Feels like you're in your own living room - so comfy