“OUTSTANDING FROM A-Z”
Review of The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Windham
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Description: The Breakfast Club at Albergo Allegria celebrates the most important meal of the day... the way it should be! Chefs focus on a respect for ingredients, locally sourced with fresh components, and an innovative made-from-scratch-and-family-recipes approach to breakfast. Join The Breakfast Club at Albergo Allegria through the inn's website (or Text: INN at 42828) and be notified when tables are available. Sought after seating is limited, call for availability, and reservations are needed. Email notifications give non-inn guests the opportunity to enjoy delicious culinary creations. The kitchen delights in catering to specific dietary needs, however, as everything is made to order advance notice is requested.
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This is a fabulous place to have breakfast as you never know what sort of delicacies awaiting you. The whole family is a family of
FOODIES and they always work hard to surprise you palate .
We highly recommend it

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

To start we knew that reservations were highly suggested, but it was right down the road from where we were staying and we were headed out and decided to pop in to see if they could accommodate us. Upon entering we told the hostess that we did not have reservations, she said it was no problem and told us we could sit at any table set for 2. After we sat, an older waitress came over and said it was not ok that we didn't have a reservation and said they would let it go this one time, but not again. Mind you there were several empty tables there and throughout breakfast, we did not see any other guests come in. On top of that the older woman in a bit of a nasty tone stated that it would be $18 per person, not including tax. We didn't have a problem paying any amount, we just wanted a good meal and good service. It was just pretty crappy that nothing was really explained to us, like that we could help ourself to the side bar. Instead we just kept looking at it when finally a waitress told us we could get up and get whatever we liked. The menu was very basic. I chose the French toast, which I could have made better myself, with a flat round sausage patty. My boyfriend had scrambled eggs, topped with cheese and also a sausage patty. There was nothing gourmet about it. The scrambled eggs didn't look fresh, they honestly looked like a spoonful from a buffet line. The side bar was nothing glamorous either. There was orange juice and water, 3 types of bread for toast, a cereal bar of some granola type cereals and cheerios, and the baked goods were just apple cake, that actually tasted a little stale on the edges. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. The food was disappointing, and the older waitress there was not friendly. NOT a good experience at all.

albergo, Owner at The Breakfast Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

I am disappointed and ashamed in reading this review. I sincerely apologize that this was your experience. Without making excuses for the unfriendly attention you received, I can assure you that friendly customer service and freshly prepared ingredients are of the utmost importance to me-- as reflected in our online reviews. I am saddened I was not in the breakfast room during your visit and would like to humbly request that you give The Breakfast Club a second chance. You are invited to be my guests for breakfast the next time you are in the area. Contact me through the inn’s front desk at your earliest convenience. - Marianna Leman, Owner

Reviewed November 20, 2016

I had an amazing Fritada with Zucchini, and Munster cheese and bread crumbs with wheat toast, my wife had perfectly poached eggs. Delicious and the Coffee was hands down fabulous.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

The best waffle I have ever had in my life!! Everything we tried was beautifully presented and tasted sooo good. Staff is lovely. Relaxing breakfast spot.

Reviewed January 14, 2016

Food was delicious! Owner Marianna even set out some yummie samples of dishes for us to try as well as what we had ordered. Best Birthday breakfast ever!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
albergo, Marianna Radelich Leman, Executive Chef & Owner at The Breakfast Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2016

Colleen- Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us. What a great way to start your birthday! Looking forward to serving you again soon--- Breakfast... isn't just for birthday's *smile*
- Marianna