“Absolutely worth the drive up from NYC”

River Rock Health Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Winner "Best of Hudson Valley" Awards for 9 Years. Listed by the official I Love NY website as "What to Do" when visiting New York. Listed by TripAdvisor as a top attraction in Woodstock, NY. In a Catskills country setting, this spa is a lovely place to relax, celebrate, and heal. In scenic Woodstock, Ulster County, New York, ------River Rock provides natural wellness treatments that help you find the balance that is crucial for inner harmony, wellness of body and the possibility of rejuvenation. Their world-class therapists are all NY State-licensed. Extensive service menu available on website. Treatment products are from Aveda and Eminence Organic Skincare. Massage: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Combination of Swedish & Deep Tissue, Hot Stone with Aromatherapy, Hot Towel with Aromatherapy, Myofacial Lumbar Massage, Prenatal/Postnatal,Reflexology, Shiatu, Bindegeweb, Raindrop and more. Energy treatments include Reiki. Amenities: spa robe, slippers, individual steam/sauna units, showers and toiletries, 9 treatment rooms, relaxation lounge with teas and snacks, conference room and private parking. In a serene mountainous setting, the spa property is a certified Wildlife Habitat for deer, hawks, butterflies, Dragonflies and so many others.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My husband and I had massages and facials with a catered lunch. The staff was kind, attentive and informative, the food was fresh, the facilities clean and calming, overall a wonderful experience. We're already looking at our schedules so that we can drive back up and do it all over again.

All reviews
"elle"
"wrap"
"session"

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Disappointing. We went for the BFF package. And while the facial and massage were both good, Ive been to many spa's and think this was overpriced. First disappointment was the facial steam machine was broken so we went ahead with the facial without. I would have expected to move to another room. Next they advertise an Aveda product facial, yet when we got there we were told they no longer use Aveda. If we wanted the Eminance line that replaced Aveda there would be a $40 up charge. Confused at the lack of customer service. Next we were supposed to get a "catered lunch". We paid $60 for two of us and got chips and dip, and a pretty basic grocery store version of a cheese plate. It came out in an aluminum take away container...? We were told twice on the phone, once when we booked two months ahead, and once when the appointments were confirmed a week ahead that we would be walking away with a "goodie bag" with Aveda products. When we got the goodie bag it was a plastic cup and a home made bar of soap. Again, unprofessional, misleading, and very disappointing when we spent $520 for the two of us. When we expressed our concerns to the front desk, she stated there were new owners since March. We booked long after March. And, when we checked the web site when we left, they still claimed the same as when we booked. We both really like Aveda products, and very misleading to advertise products you don't use.

1  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were doing a quick trip into the Hudson Valley area, and did a quick search for all the spas in the area. This one seems to be the only one offering on site facilities beyond the massage treatment such as showers and saunas. That was exactly what we were looking for and Elle and Linda were great. The spa is nice and clean and relaxing. Staff were awesome and when we make our return trip to Woodstock in the future, a spa visit will be top on the list!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I visited the spa for the first time this month. From the moment I entered, I knew I had made the right decision. The serenity of the atmosphere was apparent as I stepped through the front door. They provide an exquisite experience from start to finish! The spa has a very accommodating set up to provide you with a comfortable, pampered experience. Rachael, the Esthetician who provided my service, took great care to explain the treatment I had chosen to receive. She was extremely knowledgeable..... I highly recommend her because of her warm personality and skillful work.
My party consisted of 3 other women who were equally impressed and satisfied with their services. We all left feeling serene and quite beautified!! I live in the area and I plan to return on a regular basis.

riverrocksteward, Owner at River Rock Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you the beautiful review we are so grateful you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to your return to the spa!