Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Impressive

First time at this location and I was surprised that one cannot park their own car as it is only... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Mikecarstop
New City, New York
Close to home

Its good for something that is close to all, good food, the music is nice. its get crowded. Its... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
333Lorie333
West Babylon, New York

All reviews valet parking live entertainment nice casino shuttle bus race track electronic table games local casino dance floor couple of years place is clean plenty of parking gambling horses roulette bands jackpot trotters
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I recently went to the Empire Casino, and I was so excited that there was a horse race also going on when I got there. The last time I visited a couple of years ago, there was no race. It was around 6pm so the weather was nice outside and I enjoyed myself when i went into the Casino. There was live entertainment going on and it was really a nice atmosphere.

Date of experience: August 2017
Eileen R, General Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

We're very glad you always enjoy yourself during our horse races! Thanks for taking the time to share your kind review with us. We hope to see you sometime soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Visited many years before. Seems much bigger than I remember. Very happy that NO smoking was allowed! Plenty of machines but, unfortunately, never seem to win here otherwise I would give it another star. Stayed to watch a few of the horse races (trotters). Wish the seating was a little different outside and that they had some drinks and food outside too. Would stop by again if in the area but prefer Atlantic City boardwalk

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Debbie L
Eileen R, Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Debbie, thank you for the kind words and feedback on your visits with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoy our facilities and we hope to see you back in the Casino soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Spent the hot afternoon at Empire City Casino. Pleasantly surprised to discover that smoking was NOT permitted, unlike many casinos that I have visited. Parking is readily available and free. The slot machines were very plentiful and many were penny machines. Unfortunately some of them did not accept my money or players card but there were numerous others. The only other negative was that the food court could have had better and more numerous choices. Had a fun, air conditioned afternoon and didn't even lose too much!!!

1  Thank Marlene E
Eileen R, General Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Marlene. We're glad you enjoyed your time at our casino! We hope that you will test your luck with us again sometime soon. Have a good one!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

First time here since they built the casino. I was here a lot for the racing many many years ago. The place has changed a lot. I had fun won some money a good time all around.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We're glad you enjoy the changes we have implemented over the years. We hope you will test your luck with us again soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I made two trips to this casino (the first week of July, and last two days of July). The casino is part of Yonkers old racetrack and does not have all the plush amenities of the bigger casinos like on-site hotel; major entertainment/concerts; etc. and the slots, tables while numerous, nevertheless, most are higher priced.
I used the Metro North Railroad (MTA) promotion since I was coming from Boston. The "Getaway" promotion is great, however, you a literally dumped in a run-down section of Mt. Vernon when you get off the railroad. The station is dark, bleak with no security or on-deck ticket agents and you exit through poorly lighted underground tunnel to the street. There is NO SIGNAGE directing you to the Empire Shuttle and no street sign. Hence, you have to flag down an unmarked white mini-van that has no signage except a small window card. The vans are filthy, the drivers un-friendly (talking on their cell phones while driving). The security at Empire is tight and that needs to be because young hoodlums roam the casino all night (some look under age). This casino is not for upscale clients. I was targeted by a security guard for my shoulder bag which was approved and after 4 hours suddenly some nut guard tried to take it from me to the locker. I have medicine and valuable items in my bag and this almost escalated into a seen where I might get arrested or escorted out of the casino in the middle of the night (11:30 pm). Fortunately, I got with the security guard that admitted me and I was told to ignore the other guard. The slots pay-outs are poor and winnings on free games are seldom paying enough to cover losses. The food is okay and several options exist.
The promotions department gave me a $20. bonus for the problems with MTA bus and shuttle, but given I came all the way from Boston at my expense this was nothing. I added the $20. to $25. in other bonuses and lost the entire $45. in less than 20 minutes on slots. So I think lack most casinos the bonuses are regulated and you never come out ahead before losing your own money.

Date of experience: July 2017
Eileen R, Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you for the honest feedback from your experiences with us last month. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a thorough run down of things you noticed about your travel in to the casino and while you were enjoying the facility. We will be sure to pass this review along to management to ensure the best for our guests. Please join us again for some more gaming soon!