“Slot machines set so tight lately you don't stand a chance!”
Review of Empire City Casino

Empire City Casino
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

We have visited Empire Casino several times in the past 10 months or so. Most every time we go we take a group of friends or employees with us. It is about an hours drive for us to get there which we do not mind as long as our evening outs are enjoyable and everyone has a good time. When we first started going about 10 months or so ago it was great. We even became card holders as well as our friends we take with us on a normal basis. We have even started taking larger groups and employees of my husbands company that are here working as well. We will be in this area probably another two years then in and out from now on! My complaint is we have left the past several times in the past few months feeling really bad for suggesting it to friend and employees as the slot machines seem to be set so tight you don't stand a chance. We all play slots and enjoy them but have noticed that even playing the max bet which is anywhere from $2.50 - $8 the best you get on a free game or if you can even get a free game is $20. Friday's are when we like to start off the weekend and this day seems to be the worse. I e heard other players say the same thing many times. We have a large group that really are wanting to go tomorrow evening ( Friday ) and will probably want to go again Saturday as well, I'm considering suggesting another Casino. I really don't want to because we use to really enjoy going! Not sure what has happened or the reason for such an obvious change but I'm hoping they fix it. I will let you all know if this weekend is just as bad. If so, we will never go back and also let all of our friends and employees know as well since we were the one that suggested it in the first place Driving an hour to get there and then literally losing $800 or more on a $2.50 slot machine within 45 minutes to and hour tells me something is VERY WRONG!

Mary Howard

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank Chrissie H
Eileen R, Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Mary, first off, we would like to say thank you to you, your family, co-workers and friends who all join us so often to have some fun! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our Casino and continue to play with us. We understand how frustrating it can be to not win every time, but we would like to assure you that we have hundreds of winners everyday! Just last week our patrons took home their share of $188,770,702, with all of those winners hopefully your day will be very soon. We encourage you to reach out to a Casino Host at (914) 968-4200 if you would like to speak with us about this matter. Thank you for your patronage and good luck to you and your friends!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"trotters"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Family had a great time here. Quite a few folks got back on bus as winners. Food selection also good.

Date of experience: September 2017

Philipp, thank you to you and your family for joining us for a fun night! We appreciate the kind words and positive feedback about your experience. We look forward to hosting a night out again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Not the best casino that I ever been and far from the casinos of Atlantic city or Las Vegas. The food court it's depressing and also the ambiance. The horse track it's nice.

Date of experience: August 2017
Eileen R, Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the horse track, and we hope you will join us again for another race soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

This place is not much fun. I have visited here a few times. Last night while playing roulette, my number came in on two separate times and next thing you know the machine reads malfunction and freezes. A tech comes over and announces all bets are void........How can this happen twice in one night both of my wins are gone along with other players. I asked to speak to a manager and one came and stated sorry. This happened twice within an hour and both wins were void. I asked an compensation and got a quick no. Do yourself a favor stay away from here and consider yourself a winner.This is not the first time this has happened to me either..........It would have been nice if they voided all the losing 100 hands I played also.....

9  Thank Mdandlex
Eileen R, Manager at Empire City Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

We apologize for the shortcomings you speak of in your review. We would love the chance to rectify these issues at a time that is convenient to you. Please contact a casino host at (914) 968-4200.