We really enjoyed our stay here, the history is amazing! Each room has it's own unique design and as we explored different ones, we tried to imagine how it looked 100 years ago. There are awesome decorations of history throughout the inn that was cool to see. The staff were amazing. We look forward to returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant