Open today: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Wine Tasting

Reviewed August 25, 2018
Mrsbossypants
via mobile

All reviews fire pit blueberry wine live music tasting area front porch great place to sit back indoor seating wine trail great wine take home the blue ridge mountains interesting visit north carolina worth a stop the high country cheese and crackers beautiful location
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Weekend getaway with my best friend started with Banner Elk Winery. Recommended by our hostess at Azalea Inn B&B, we went in for a tasting...right before closing (eek!). Expecting to be ushered out quickly, we were actually treated warmly and with kindness. Our bartender Jansen was amazing! So friendly and knowledgeable. The rest of the staff were also very nice, and the entire atmosphere was very chill and relaxing. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area. Lots of great wines, and I especially recommend the Watermelon Jalapeño Sangria! Phenomenal!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

This was our first time visiting this winery. We had gone to another winery here in the area two years in a row. We were looking to try something different.

When we drove up you could see a lot of people sitting in chairs around the lake area. There was also a guy playing live music. There was a lot of people inside near the tasting area.

We asked if were could sit at one of the tables and have a tasting. The wines were very good and our server was very knowledgeable. Thank you Chase !

I’m not a big wine drinker, but my husband likes to partake. He really liked the Cab that they had.

They have a very interesting blueberry wine that they make from their own grapes.
My favorite was a Sangria that was fruity and then there was a second one that had cucumber and jalapeño. Yummy !!! I could just get a glass of either and enjoy what they dub as “Adult” juice .

A definite must when you are in the area, even if you are not a wine connoisseur like some! Enjoy!!!

1  Thank Mrsbossypants
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

My wife and spent a very relaxing afternoon at the Banner Elk Winery. The wines we tasted were enjoyable, with the delicate flavors coming to fruition in the wines. I lean towards full bodied whites; my wife the reds. We were not disappointed.

But the best thing about the winery was the grounds area. It had a fire pit, plenty of chairs, and a beautiful backdrop of hillside terrace with large boulders on the bottom of the terrace with a row of rhododendrons and then rows of grapes above that.

Wonderful afternoon!!!

1  Thank Duane P
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We travelled all the way from Canada because friends of ours have been to this winery and we fell in love with a certain bottle of wine. We planned our entire trip around visiting this winery. We were will to purchase a few cases of wine to bring back with us.

However our experience was short lived!!! The winery ground were very pretty and we took a few photos that we shared. BUT when my husband, myself and my two sons walked in towards the bar two staff members looked at us from behind the bar and rolled there eyes. My children are 13 and 7 and were very quiet. We were there to purchase three cases of wine only. Once I saw this I immediately took my children out and told my husband we were leaving.

I sat outside since my son wanted to take more photos. I told my husband that two employees rolled there eyes at us when they saw the kids. I guess an employee over hear us and asked if everything was ok My husband said that I was upset by the service. My husband got us two glasses of wine to sample and the lady who helped us outside was amazing. I did not speak to her since I was so disappointed

He ordered one glass of the wine we liked and enjoyed it. He went in to pay for the $8.00 glass of wine and purchase only one bottle for a special occasion. The lady who helped us told us the bottle of wine was on the house.

I will be looking for a new winery and I am disappointed that I did not get my three cases because of how we were treated.

3  Thank floydangel71
Reviewed August 5, 2018

The wine is good. The place is beautiful inside and out. The staff is friendly and helpful. After your tasting you can sit on the front porch and enjoy a glass of wine or sangria and soak up the beauty of the gardens and views.

1  Thank sncathome
Reviewed July 20, 2018

We really enjoyed our small wine tasting. Then we took our selection out on the porch which overlooks a beautifully landscaped garden. It was truly a piece of heaven there. Their wines are on the dry side. I would recommend the Sangria. It comes with fruit in it which takes some of the dry out of it. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. It's a great place to sit back and enjoy the Appalachians.

1  Thank Autumn H
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

This venue is beautiful, and we have been here a few times. However today, Sunday, July 8th at 5:40 pm, we stopped on a scenic drive to have a glass. I purchased a glass of the Rose’ and it was 1/4 full at most for $8. I noticed someone purchasing a glass at closing time filled to the top. I think I got “jipped.” Consumer alert!!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Great place for wine, atmosphere, entertainment! Pet friendly. Good available. Sometimes there is a draft / beer truck on site for those wanting beer instead of wine. Great wines, including a wonderful blueberry wine ... when available. Also they have great jalapeño sangria... my favorite! Great indoor and outdoor sitting areas. Great staff with wonderful service. Best winery ever!

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Stopped by the Banner Elk Winery while in the area, and really enjoyed it. We like full bodied cabernet wines, and the Banner Elk Cabernet was wonderful. It exceed our expectations. The staff were very nice, the inside is very cozy and comfortable, and it's a pretty landscape and view. They had live music from a one man band which made it even more enjoyable, and a nice fire pit to with and relax outside. It is worth the visit while in Banner Elk!

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Six ladies entered the winery for a tasting and six ladies left having had a fantastic time! The grounds are spectacular. The wine selection was great and if you can afford it I recommend the blueberry wine. I'm surprised their hours are so limited, especially on the weekend, but regardless our tasting time could not have been more fun! thanks Stephen!

1  Thank Conz64