New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Core Creek Lodge

Core Creek Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Beaufort
NC
“Basic - but exceptionally clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We wanted to travel to Beaufort for some fresh seafood and to check out the marinas for spring boating - quick trip over MLK weekend. Looking for a place that was dog friendly so we decided to give Core Creek Lodge a try. Being the sceptic I am, I packed the air freshener, Lysol, etc. as the policies didn't state the smoking policy. We were pleasently surprised the motel was all non-smoking (strickly enforced) and the room, while smiall with dated furnishings, was very clean - actually cleaner than many 3-4 star hotels where we have stayed. There's also a great area to walk the dog & a nice little pier where you could fish in the warmer months. Front desk folks were very nice & gave us extra pillows when we asked. Only problem was hot water, we were in an end unit & it took some time for the hot water to travel down there.

Room Tip: centrally located will get you hot water quicker
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband, dog and I stayed here in early November while waiting for our new home to be ready. Not only are they dog friendly (very rare to find), they were very friendly and the service was excellent. It is so quiet and peaceful here, and watching the boats go through the ICW was breathtaking. I'd gladly choose it for a vacation spot! Sandy Odom

• Stayed November 2011
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My wife and I were attending a wedding and I was looking for a hotel that was close to the church. We normally stay in Salterpath with family when we are down this way. But due to the time constraint, we decided to be as close to the event as possible so as to not waist any time. I had very little expectations for a hotel out in the middle of the woods, so when we arrived to find a clean comfortable room that was fairly new as far as condition we were very pleased. The one thing I would add to this hotel is a continental breakfest, since there really is no close place to eat.
John A

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Floyd, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

It's alright as far as it goes. Better than an Econolodge but way below anything you might find in and around Beaufort. They charged me for Expedia's service charge which I disputed at the point of sale for a few reasons. One I wanted to pay cash and they had already processed the credit card and second and more importantly, I have never heard of this before. A call to Expedia confirmed they are not allowed to do this and they are dealing with it. Be better off to stay in Morehead City for cheaper stays but don't drink and drive if you do this as I had been advised by several locals.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank m b
richard12345-1, Front Office Manager at Core Creek Lodge, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
I am sorry that you feel that we charged you fees that you were not supposed to be charged. I did attempt to explain the charge to you when you were here. I would be happy to speak with you and explain the process to you. I would gladly explain to any customer the process because I want our customers to be satisfied customers.
Lincolnton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

My husband and I came to Beaufort to go scuba diving and had Core Creek recommended to us by friends. Although not a fancy motel, it is very clean, very comfortable, and quiet. The room was quite spacious. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NCDivers377
We were very happy to have you stay with us. We look forward to when you return for your next dive. Keep us in mind for fishing trips and other visits. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve on your stay.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

great rooms,great beds, great location for a fisherman or women. who love to fish. this is the perfect place. they have enough ice to keep your catch cold. the bathrooms are also great. nice big showers. this was our second time staying here. Our first stay, we stayed in room #3, and we slept in separate twin beds which we laugh about because it was the first time since we been marry that we slept apart but those beds, I could take them home with us. they were excellent. this time room #1, we had a full size bed,and you guess it, after a long day of fishing. we slept like babies. Oh! did I also mention that you don't have to worry about your boat because its parked in a secure locations right there where you could use their fishing pier or put the boat in the water wave. what else can a Fisherman want. and the most important part it doesn't cost that much. depend on
want you want. with that the owner and the staff are great. and they work with you . I can't wait to return. keep up the great job and we will be coming soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. so you don't have to worry.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LES M
Thank you very much for that great review. We really enjoy your visits and look forward to when you visit again. Keep in touch and let us know if there is anything we can do to improve on your visits.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
14.8 km away
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
16.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
13.4 km away
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#1 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Core Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!