The Pinnacle Inn
Four Seasons at Beech(Beech Mountain)
US$79
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
US$99
Courtyard Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$135
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$79
Hotels.com
Beech Alpen Inn(Beech Mountain)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poolcondo complexping pongski resortboth bedroomssteam roomconference roomnice resortfront officefree shuttlewasher dryertubsretreat
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We just returned from staying in unit 3303A and overall thought it was fine. The location was amazing! I will have to admit the outside is very dated and is in need of a serious paint job. The unit we stayed in was nice and took care of all our needs. There were two minor concerns about this unit. The front door only has a small twist knob lock and NO dead bolt. Scary!! However the area did not make me feel unsafe at any time. The master bedroom had a comforter set that was old and DIRTY! There were white stains on the pillow cases and the comforter. I honestly felt like this could be replaced for as little as $40.00. Other than those two issues we found the staff to be extrememly friendly and the kids loved the hot tub and pool. The movie rental machine was also a plus.

2  Thank Brandi S
Reviewed February 22, 2013

These condos are small, and dated, but certainly acceptable for a long weekend stay. My family rented 3103B, a one-bedroom unit, with pullout couch (mattress needs replacing). We had an issue with our front door lock - couldn't get in - and I must highly commend the management and staff, who were johnny-on-the-spot to help us out. The kitchen is very well stocked, all the utensils and appliances you could want...but no space for the groceries you bring with you.
I understand that each of these units is individually owned, and decorated, so take a close look on the website, and give it your best shot. Call to make your reservation, so you can speak directly with management about any special needs you may have.
We're especially grateful for the shuttle service to the ski resort - blizzard conditions the morning after we arrived...we could never have driven to the mountain ourselves! The drivers are entertaining and unfailingly accommodating.
And don't forget, the Pinnacle Inn offers an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, ping pong, and pool table - great place for families.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We came back to Pinnacle, picking a different room and it was great; it's our new favorite. The rooms are so different one from the next on many levels so do the research and it will pay off, but none of the rooms we've had have been poor. The pool, hot tub, etc. again are a big part of our trip- a huge sell for this place. Nothing completes a day on the cold slopes like that, and the kids were worn out and ready for bed.
Another great stay.

On the picky side: they could do well to hire someone to do a quick shovel on the walkways after a big snow; it will keep them clean and safe till the next one. And it will help keep the rooms much cleaner. The snow plow truck for the parking lot seems to make random swipes.

Room Tip: Pick based on the size of your group, and the staff up front were helpful with choices.
1  Thank TallaDan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We drove up in snow without four wheel drive so nice to not worry about the roads being cleared to the resort. Be sure to check out all the possible rooms available it's worth taking the time to find the nicer remodeled units. We stayed in 1113. Hot water was the only issue. Smallest 50 gallon hot water heater I've ever been around. Summer time it wouldn't be an issue so this would be first choice. The pool is heated and I know for sure two of the jacuzzis were working so that was really nice after skiing. Just 5 minutes by car to Beech Mountain Resort and if you want to eat out comfortable walk in snow gear to Brick Oven.

Room Tip: Management won't let you book more then 6 people per unit even though several units are obviously set up to sleep 8. We only had 4 adults and 2 kids under 10 and the there was room to sleep more. We brought extra t-paper and paper towels for 2 night stay and didn't need it. Remember shampoo soft water so conditioner not a must.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We enjoyed our room and the pool, and the location can't be beat! However, the staff is very difficult to work with. I don't want to post her name, but the lady in reservations was always unhappy. I had to change our reservation, and she acted like it was a huge deal to change it. She charged me $50 to change the reservation too! Then, my confirmation email had the wrong dates and I was overcharged. When I called back, the mean lady said that those reservations are never right and that she had our correct dates in the system. I asked her to email me the correct confirmation, but she said I just needed to trust her. The email would be wrong. Then I asked about the charges and she said I was getting a refund because "the new girl" messed it up, and the accountant would mail to me, but he only comes in every few weeks so it would be whenever he got around to it. It's been about three weeks now and still nothing. I was trying to understand the math on the refund and she said, "I've worked here eleven years and I know I'm right." So I couldn't get her to go through the numbers on how she was calculating the refund. This sour service really made the weekend less fun, because by the time we were done with the reservation headaches, and the overcharges, and the extra fee for changing our dates, I didn't want to give my money to them anymore...and won't. Even though the condo was very nice and in such a great location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Laura291
technogirltx, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

This appears to be a huge communication error. It appears that you were wrongly charged a $50 cancellation fee by the "new employee" and this was removed by our manager. Our internet was down for 3 days (we are in the mountains and this does happen) so no emails could be sent to confirm the refunded amount. Our bookeeper comes twice/month and writes checks at those times. You JUST checked out on the 27th... (2 days ago), our bookkeeper is coming tomorrow, so your refund check will be mailed by Feb. 1. You have been emailed a new statement, showing the refund amount. Please call the office if you have any questions (ask to speak to Judy). We are so sorry for this miscommunication.