Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews orchid house water features children's garden holiday lights tropical plants gift shop daniel stowe gardens are beautiful entire garden the chinese lantern festival christmas lights light display early spring lots of water beautiful place to visit white garden well worth the trip
Reviewed 1 week ago

Enjoyed visiting the garden with a gathering of high school friends from decades ago - a beautiful place to stroll, discovering the paths, fountains and plantings. The orchid house is spectacular - vivid color and heady fragrance as soon as you enter. The children's play area is nice too - I kept thinking of how my grandchildren would love it!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My family has been here a zillion times. We live 5 minutes away. I used to come here anytime my out of state parents would come visit. It's a great place to wander around and take in the beauty. We got a season pass about 2 years ago and would come with my little kids all the time. They don't care about flowers, but they loved to simply look for spiders or play in the wee houses that were part of a previous exhibit.
We thought they had 1 night each week during the holiday lights where pass holders could come for free, but they changed that and there was only 1 night the entire season for pass holders. It was crowded and awful. Every time there is an event, the admission desk is the slowest thing I've ever seen and it makes no sense to me.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

I'm a member of the Garden and drop by a few times a year. You have to go with the right expectation when visiting the garden. It is lovely, but not grand like gardens you will see in or near major cities. There are plans to expand, of course. The Orchid Conservatory is beautiful and a must see. The Garden does a good job of hosting all kinds of special events throughout the year to encourage attendance. The holiday lights are beautiful, but count on wall to wall people taking selfies if you attend on a weekend. The staff and volunteers are all wonderful. Count on a couple of hours for your visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

This is a relatively young garden, only launched in the 1990s. It’s off to a great start but does not rank with more established gardens that have had time to expand and mature. We enjoyed the walkway around the existing gardens and spied on the large area under construction that is destined to become a prairie meadow. The orchid house was lovely, but was mostly tropical plants with relatively few orchids in bloom. There is also a nice children’s garden with some fun scarecrows on display for the fall. Coming from northern climes, I just enjoyed seeing some different shrubs and trees than usual. FYI, it’s a little buggy so consider bringing some insect repellent.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic florals and special exhibits! We went to see the butterflies, a special exhibit. The butterflies are amazing! They had several varieties and you could see them up close!! They also had wands with sugar water to attract the butterflies.
The gardens have unique flowers and beautiful designs. The ticket fees cover the grounds and sometimes special events are extra, like the butterflies.

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Very nice afternoon. Lots of paths to stroll. Orchid house is beautiful. Some areas under construction but still lots to enjoy.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

The Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is a very nice botanical garden but while the grounds are large & the main building is designed well, the gardens are lacking in real landscape design. There is great potential since the grounds have more than adequate area. The orchid building is very well done & is a good area to relax on hot days.
My wife & I visit a great many gardens throughout the world & find this to be a pleasant garden but wanting.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

The gardens were not at all what I expected. A majority of the plants seemed to be dried and wilting. The main reason to visit was to see the orchid conservatory, which was ok. Some of the fountains were nice. I think it is probably better to visit in the fall or early spring.

2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We visited here in the afternoon and stayed less than an hour. The garden has some blooms, but seems to mainly be greenery. There are many fountains throughout the garden, but most of them are exactly alike and not interesting at all. The fountains, with few exceptions, are round concrete pools with a single spray of water in the center.
We did visit the orchid house which had some interesting plants. We did not pay extra for the butterfly attraction and did not see where that was if we had paid for it. We did see lots of butterflies in front of the building before we entered. This was probably the best part of the garden!
I do think this would be a nice place to hold an outdoor celebration such as wedding or anniversary, but just to tour the garden was not worth the price of admission. Adults pay almost $13 though we were given a $1 military discount. I'm not sure what the cost is for children, but I can't see it as worth more than a dollar or two for them. I didn't have children with me, but could already hear them asking if we could leave yet and complaining of the heat.
Perhaps we would try again in the spring but I'm still not sure it would be worth the full admission price.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place to visit. Relaxing walking trails paved and unpaved. Great place for photos or to practice photography.