“Delicious Food, Friendly Service, Unique Ambience”
Review of Palate

Palate
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2016

Our party of six were delighted by the dinners we ordered and the attention we received from the server. Two of us were from California and decided this dining experience compared favorably with all past experiences as to imagination of the menu and quality of the food.

1  Thank Jane C

Reviewed April 25, 2016

I have to say I didn't expect a culinary delight from this place looking at the outside. It was in an old refurbished hotel, so I expected something that would be good, but not the beautiful courses that we all got. The plated food was very attractive, and the textures and spicing was perfection. This is one of those places that is a hidden gem in the mountains for sure!

1  Thank 966karag
Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

A wine dinner was included in the price of the conference but this wine dinner was extraordinary. From the first course of scallop mousse to the arugula with a clam cake to the duck confit with cauliflower mashed potatoes ending with a chocolate panne cotta the meal was truly delicious and special. The coupled wines were so good I drank way more than I usually do. I'm not sure how many of these dishes are served off the menu but if they are you should try them. I'm also sure the chef can cook many other dishes as well!

1  Thank 40nancym
Reviewed February 28, 2016

Stayed at the hotel and had dinner there. My wife liked her chicken dish very much. My steak would put the Biltmore's Bistro to shame for a much better price. Full bar also. Our server was very good.

1  Thank MBNick
Reviewed November 8, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take in the new art exhibit at the Monte Vista Hotel and finish the evening at the Palate Restaurant. We had the pepper crusted ahi tuna steak with the best zucchini fries I have ever tasted. The tuna was prepared to perfection and lemon lumped crab buerre blanc was a wonderful complement to bring the meal together. The atmosphere was lovely and we will be back to experience this eatery again soon!

1  Thank Sandi E