“Red sauce......tender beef brisket”

Phil's Bar-B-Que Pit
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Stopped for a late lunch at 2:30, and the place was still busy. As I stepped inside I grabbed a menu to my right to make my choice. The restaurant has a country vibe with a unique décor. I decided on the beef brisket sandwich, the house chips and white slaw. I approached the counter and placed my order. The cashier was fast, friendly and pleasant. The cost was 7.99 plus tax. Since the place was busy, I choose take out with a red sauce for my brisket. The red has a sweet taste to it. They also have a vinegar, mustard and a white sauce. The brisket with the red sauce was tender and juicy. The house chips were crisp and crunchy. The white slaw good but in my opinion very limited in the amount. Three bites and the 2oz cup of slaw was empty. A delicious brisket, a good meal, but not quite enough to fill me up but I will be back.

1  Thank MDT2001

Reviewed August 24, 2016

Well, what can I say? Phil is from Alabama and the taste of his Bar-B-Que reminds me of my days spent there. He definitely brought the recipe up here and is always delicious. His spare ribs are the best as well as everything else. It is easy to get to off of I-40 in beautiful Black Mountain. He supports local law enforcement with discounts and that is why you frequently see police vehicles which makes us all feel safe. Phil and his staff are very welcoming and friendly. Roll Tide Phil!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Ain't nothing fancy here, just good old fashioned BBQ, ribs, and hot dogs. Stopped here for lunch and it was pretty good. The interior is pretty basic, but the food is everything you would expect from Carolina BBQ. Well worth stopping here.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We stayed the weekend in Black Mountain for a soccer tournament being held in Asheville and ate here for a Sunday lunch with some team members. Stay was very friendly and explained their menu. Good was quickly served. However, chicken we ordered was average as well as green bean and Mac n cheese sides. Unlike other Bar-B-Que places where the meat is already seasoned with sauce, here, the meat is served plain and it is up to you to pick from one of their sauces. Decor is a little different with baseball caps hanging from the rafters.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

I don't know about this place but the food they serve is so bland and tasteless, you actually can't eat it whiteout tons of sauce, sorry but that is not BBQ. My 8 year old can do better than that.