“Gracious hospitality and good food”

The Red Rocker Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

The server pushed the pork chop as the best ever, so I followed his reco and was not disappointed. Grilled chop topped with apple butter, bacon lardons, fried onions, and accompanied by cheese grits and grilled zucchini. A standout starter is the sea scallops with country ham and red eye gravy. Pot roast had no flavor. Do not recommend it. Dessert was a bowl of peach cobbler a la mode with bourbon sauce! Delish.

redrocker07, Manager at The Red Rocker Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Thank you for your nice review, although we're disappointed the pot roast did not live up to your expectation. Thanks for mentioning it though, because we'll take a closer look.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

This is a great restaurant in a local B&B. All meals are homemade and the desserts are to die for. Great service.

redrocker07, Manager at The Red Rocker Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Hello and thanks for the sweet review! We'll see you again soon, we hope.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

My dinner was excellent - a kale Caesar salad with grilled shrimp. The salad was huge. Lots of yummy kale with parmesan, croutons, a baked cheese crusty and 8 huge shrimp. The biscuit (I had to limit myself to one, sadly) was the best that I have had since my grandmother's; the accompanying apple butter was to die for. By the way, the wine selection is incredible and well priced. The bottle of pinot Grigio I had cost about the same as I would pay for it in a grocery store. The service was also excellent.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Saturday night splurge....the ribeye was good, my trout was ok, kinda plain really...but the coconut cake is worth the visit....HUGE!....enough for 4!

redrocker07, Manager at The Red Rocker Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hi, Thanks for reviewing. We'll forward your trout comments to the kitchen, but we're so glad you loved everything else.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We ate both dinner and breakfast at the Inn, and every single dish was superb. For details, see my review of the Inn itself.