“Yummy fried oysters”

Que Sera Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Que Sera offers a fun, upscale casual dining experience with an eclectic menu of dishes created from the finest, freshest ingredients. Que Sera owners Carl and Janie Tayloe realized their dream when they opened their friendly, upscale southern restaurant in 2007. These restaurant veterans have worked all over the south and in some of the country's finest establishments. Their professionalism is reflected in a relaxed, attentive, and delicious experience that keeps customers coming back. Que Sera has a carefully chosen wine list and full bar. The cuisine reflects the Tayloes' southern roots, professional training, local connections and years of experience.
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Went there for lunch after a bartender suggested this place. Off the beaten path but a short walk from downtown. What a cute place and plenty of variety to pick from. We had the oyster platter which was tasty but I liked the fried oysters. They had a cornmeal breading which was light and crispy. The fresh muffins and biscuits were also excellent with butter and jam.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

The seafood was better here than anything I've had in Louisiana in a long time. My fish topped with crabmeat was excellent and my husband said his scallops were the best he'd ever had. Who'd imagine that would happen in the mountains of NC. Casual - "dressy casual" attire. Be sure and make a reservation!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Run as fast as you can to Que Sera for brunch when you are in Black Mountain. As a southern gal, hailing from New Orleans, it is hard to satisfy my picky palette. However, Que Sera has everyone else beat, hands down, for Sunday brunch. Throw the diet away for the day. You won't regret it. Start with the fluffy, homemade biscuits, and then make your way to one of the brunch selections. You can't go wrong. Two weeks ago, tried the cheddar and bacon omelette crowned with fresh Gulf oysters. My husband ordered the shrimp poboy that almost brought tears to his eyes. Wish we had saved room for dessert. But, then again, that's another solid reason to return - soon. Be sure to make a reservation! I heard that dinnertime is pretty reliably delicious too.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Our family enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Que Sera. The food was excellent—we had trout, shrimp and pasta, chicken and pasta, filet mignon. The trout was best and the fillet divine. I heard raves about the shrimp and pasta too. We also had the stuffed eggplant app which was delicious but small to share. We had a lovely bottle of the Oregon Pinot noir which proved to be superb. Our waiter Chris was lovely and provided great service. All in all we highly recommend!

Reviewed July 17, 2018

My family visited Que Sera for Sunday brunch. It was fantastic! Every single item we ate was wonderful. I had the country ham breakfast. It came with a huge piece of ham, two eggs perfectly cooked, and both hash browns and baked cheese grits. The table also received a platter of perfect biscuits and tasty muffins. There were no disappointments with the food. Service was very friendly and polite, but it was slow. I'm guessing they were short staffed that day, and I came at a very busy time, so I won't count it against them. The food made up for it! I enjoyed it so much I'm trying them for dinner tonight!