“Wonderful”

The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on top of Gideon Ridge, guests enjoy dining Al Fresco or in our intimate dining room. The cuisine is an eclectic blend of the freshest mountain ingredients, prepared in the classical style. Dinner served Tuesday - Saturday by reservation.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed a wonderful meal, and great service. Lamb and wahoo were both excellent. Always enjoy dining here. It’s always special.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a very cozy restaurant with beautiful views of the outdoor foliage. My fiance has taken me many times here for romantic dinners.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

The food here is good, I didn't feel it was shockingly outstanding, but it was very good and well thought out. My big complaint is because of cold weather we had to set inside, the inside part of the restaurant is very small and our table was setting between two other tables only about 6 inches from touching. The people we sat next to were adorable kind people so that helped. But everyone felt compelled to talk to each other all night because of the closeness. So the food I was eating and the wine almost went unnoticed. I'm going to give this place a try next summer when I know we'll be outdoors on the beautiful patio over looking the mountains. So I guess over all I'd say go give it a try, just ask for a table that's not sitting in the laps of others.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We loved everything we had. Portions are generous. You won't be hungry but you have to try desert. It's the best part.

1  Thank familyguy6332
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We have eaten at Gideon Ridge twice in the last month. The food is very good, well prepared and plated. The lamb shank, marinated for quite some time, had a nice flavor and good consistency. The prime Delmonico with green pepper sauce came in even better! One of the best I have had in quite some time. The room is relatively small and cozy. It was too cool to eat outside but that looks friendly too. The service is variable. The first night it was good, adequate, the second helter skelter. The server came by at unpredictable times and completed the required tasks in sections. The drink order came in stages, the act of taking the dinner order came over two visits and so on. For a high end restaurant this should not happen. Still ignoring the server the food made up for it.