All reviews continental breakfast rocking chairs within walking distance main st new flooring sunset drive bagels ski trip two blocks huge bathroom two double beds full kitchen our night stay three nights rooms were very clean nice room close to downtown
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are nothing like the pictures. We paid $70 more than adevertiaed rate for the weekend. Not enough help to clean the 20 rooms they had on the property, only college students running the office, kitchen and cleaning during the day. Would not recommend to anyone. So many more properties in the town with better accommodations

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Jackson was a wonderful help; he checked us in and also went the extra step! Beds were only double bed’s so not much room but we snuggled and enjoyed the night! Central location easy walk to all downtown Blowing Rock! In to breakfast this morning and trails and walking downtown! Had dinner at Six Pense, sitting out side!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MT-hoosier
VillageInnMgmt, General Manager at The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Hillwinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Hello MT-hoosier, first I would like to say happy anniversary and thank you for choosing to share your special day with us! Thank you so much for mentioning Jackson in your review, I have just shared your kind words with him. We hope to see you again during your anniversary next year! Give us a call next time and let us know so we can help you celebrate!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

In visiting Blowing Rock during a busy holiday week we happened upon the Hillwinds Inn.
The rooms were adequate and beds were comfortable. The Inn has been remodeled from an older "Motor Inn." It was nice to be able to park outside the door. The rooms have nice new flooring (New Style Hardwoods) The bathrooms are somewhat small but adequate. The room also had a refrigerator and coffee maker. The Inn also offers a continental breakfast- it is very close to downtown which make it a very convenient place to stay. Overall the Hillwind Inn is a comfortable place to stay!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank marywW7064ET

Hello marywW7064ET, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It sounds like you were able to visit us for breakfast but were you able to stop in for our happy hour? During the afternoon time from 4:30pm - 5:30pm (sometimes later) We set out 4 different kinds of wine, cheese and crackers, cookies and other snacks for our guest to enjoy! This along with breakfast is all included with your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at The Hillwinds Inn from Friday through Sunday to escape our currently blistering hot temperatures at home. The weather did not disappoint—it was notably cooler in the evenings, particularly with a slight overcast.

The Hillwinds Inn is within walking distance (albeit uphill) of the main street most tourists visit (restaurants, park, shops). It’s only a couple of blocks away. It’s basically an old motel, with access to each room from the parking lot. You will park in front of your room. Given its proximity to the main drag, it seemed very similar to other accommodations in the surrounding area. Chain hotels are situated some distance farther out.

Check in was easy. My friend and I were sternly asked if we had pets (we did not). They must require a pet deposit, because virtually every room seemed to have pets. One night, we were awakened at 3am and then again around 4am by a dog barking next door. When we mentioned this, we were told we should have called the night manager. So, peaceful sleep eluded us, at least one night. Bring earplugs!

The checkin clerk was very helpful and efficient. She gave us a lot of helpful info about Blowing Rock and things to do there.

My friend and I booked a room with two double beds. It was scrupulously clean, but very basic. A coffee machine, microwave, and small fridge were provided. The beds were excessively soft (not at all firm), though, and both of us had aching backs during our stay. Be aware that some of the pillows are feather pillows, if you have allergies. We had maid service the day after we checked in. She did a good job.

The Inn provides breakfast (I think until 11am), consisting of cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, and you can make your own waffle. Milk, ice water, OJ, coffee, tea, syrup, and premixed waffle batter are provided. We were told that coffee is put out at 7:30am, but I didn’t get up that early.

There is a covered patio with rocking chairs and a non-functional ceiling fan. It was still pleasant to sit out there in the cool and quiet with a good book. There are also two rocking chairs outside each room’s door, and you can sit and visit with your neighbors.

In June, we paid $213 and some change per night (including tax). It was an adequate accommodation, but it was NOT worth the price. I will try somewhere else next time I return to Blowing Rock, and I will certainly do more research on accommodations. This trip was simply an impulsive decision, and this Inn was not adequately researched, or I might have tried somewhere else. I did enjoy my trip to Blowing Rock, but I most certainly did not appreciate my sore back and lack of sleep! Hillwinds Inn has its pluses and minuses!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank SCWinq

Hello SCWinq,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this detailed review. I'm very glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful weather here in Blowing Rock and were able to escape the heat! Our in is pet-friendly and yes we do require a pet deposit. We are one of three Inns and we do have one Inn that is not pet-friendly that I think you may enjoy. The Ridgeway Inn is also considerably closer to Main St. right around the corner in fact! I'm happy to hear our front desk staff was so helpful in getting you the information you needed to make your stay with us most enjoyable. I will also be sharing your review with our housekeeping staff, thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of your room and the maid service you received. I do hope you do decide to stay with us once again, maybe at our pet-free Inn, give us a call directly and our front desk staff can check to see if you qualify for any discounts.
Again, thank you for this review.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Straight out of a Hallmark movie! We visited some family in Boone, over the holidays. We were looking for a “pet friendly” place. This place was AMAZING! It’s quaint, friendly, has a fabulous “happy hour”, & is clean & quiet. We sent some our friends, when they made a ski trip to Boone. They loved it as much as we did! We will definitely be back! We loved everything about our stay!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Caroline P, Guest Relations Manager at The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Hillwinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Trisha S,

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed sharing the holidays with you, and hope to see you again soon!