“"Heavenly!"”

Ranked #3 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“"Heavenly!"”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We will never stay anywhere else again other than the Homestead Inn while in the Blowing Rock/Boone area!! My family and I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. We have stayed at the H.I. numerous times in the past seven years. Each spring and fall, we return to the Homestead Inn, often bringing with us family and friends. No one has been ever disappointed. After the first nights stay, our friends thank us for referring & introducing them to this beautiful inn. A few things that you will immediately notice are the quiet rooms which are immaculately cleaned and tastefully decorated - I feel like I am in my own little mountain cabin. The beds are extremely comfortable. We met the innkeepers, Caroline & Rob, and instantly fell in love with them! Whether it's the gorgeous flowers that surround the inn or the outdoor "water fall" that is the back drop to the picnic tables and swings........You too will think you have found a piece of heaven while staying at the Homestead Inn!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lisa P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I've booked the Homestead Inn twice in two months. The first was for a family wedding. At the last minute we decided to stay in Blowing Rock rather than impose on the family cabin that was being used by my nephew, the groom. We were so thrilled with this little place that before I left I asked if they had availability for Columbus Day weekend, which would be an extra day off for me and the start of the fall color season. I waited until almost too late to book for the October stay, wanting to be sure both the weather and the finances would work out. The owners were able to give me and my son the same room we had the first time, which was perfect with 2 double beds, a fireplace and a jacuzzi. The beauty of this little hotel is it's mountain ambience, walking convenience, and spotlessly clean and comfortable rooms. The love the owners have for this place is apparent in the care taken to both the inside and outside. Yes, we could have paid less and stayed in a chain hotel on 221 or in Boone. But we would have missed the memories of being able to walk home from a fun-filled pub night the night after the wedding in August, walking to Kilwyn's on a sunny afternoon for a scoop of praline ice cream on a homemade waffle cone, and best of all spending quality time with my grown son exploring back roads and hidden trails, hiking waterfalls and walking to Roca for the absolute best steak and egg brunch in the world. The memories are priceless, and staying in an idyllic setting at the Homestead helped to make it so. Will return. Again and again and again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the same room both times because we needed the double beds. My brother and his wife st...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Helena, Alabama
Reviewed 2 October 2011

On Sept. 28, 2011, we stayed at the Homestead Inn as part of a short, "regain our sanity" trip up to the mountains of NC. We knew we wanted to visit Grandfather Mountain, so in looking for a place to stay in fairly close proximity, my research led us to Blowing Rock. What a beautiful town! And, thanks to great reviews on Trip Advisor, we made a reservation at the Homestead Inn. The first thing that struck us when we arrived was the profusion of flowers. From the lovely gazebo near the front entrance, to the double swings by a small waterfall, to beautiful trees and hanging baskets of blooming geraniums, it was obvious that the owners had poured much work and much love into the landscaping. The room was beautifully decorated and included a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub which we really enjoyed. Even the towels and bed linens were luxurious and comfortable. We not only felt like honored guests -- we felt like family. You won't be disappointed in the Homestead Inn!

3 Thank Kathleen C
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My wife Sue and I trailered our motorcycle up to ride the Parkway for four days and were lucky enough to find the Homestead Inn. When we pulled in the driveway, Rob immediately started helping me take the bike off the trailer while Caroline was showing Sue all the best places to eat and shop. They were so friendly we felt like we had known them forever. Then to find that the rooms were more reasonable than most downtown motels made the stay even better. We were impressed with the comfortable room, the fireplace, and the jacuzzi. We will definitely stay there when we return to ride. Ron Allbee, Longwood, Fl

2 Thank Ronald A
Gilmer, Tx
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Wife and I took a little "get away" in September to North Carolina. I had heard that Blowing Rock was a beautiful town, and we decided to stay there for several nights. While searching for lodging I ran across the Homestead Inn and read the good reviews. The reviews are to be believed. This is a quaint little family run inn located just 100 yards from Main Street. It reminded me of 1940's motels with about 12 units arranged in a U around a beautiful, flower decorated court. The room was tastefully decorated in an egletic style and was very neat and clean. Morning coffee is available in the room and at the office counter. Several restaurants are within close walking distance. We totally enjoyed our stay.

2 Thank giltex
Washington DC
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Homestead for nearly a week prior to leaving our son in nearby Boone for his freshman year at Appalachian State University. Blowing Rock is a charming little town, right on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and we wanted to stay here rather than busier Boone, so I did my research earlier in the summer. We chose the Homestead based on its Tripadvisor reviews, and I was very glad we did. Innkeeper Caroline was very helpful and responsive as we made our plans, and was just as nice in person. As others have described, the inn is small and rustic, beautifully landscaped and carefully tended. Caroline's husband and fellow innkeeper, Rob, is visible on the grounds all day, working and chatting with guests. The rooms are immaculate and comfortable -- the beds are especially so. Loved the two rockers outside each room's door -- great for sitting with morning coffee or relaxing at the end of a busy day. When we left, after making our reservations to return for Family Weekend at App State next month, Rob gave my son Sam his business card and encouraged Sam to call if he needed anything. I was touched and grateful. This is a very nice place to stay, run by wonderful people.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AnneInDC
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We are so happy we chose to stay here! The rooms are small but very comfortable, the innkeepers were friendly, and for $70 a night, we can't find one complaint! The grounds are flooded with beautiful flowers, and although the buildings are old, they are kept up nicely! And BONUS: the beds are VERY comfortable (we are very picky). We will definitely return if we pass through Blowing Rock!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple