“Comfy Room”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We visited the hotel, mainly stayed due to discounted prices through our insurance through Choice Hotels, would rather stayed at a cabin, but the room was clean, comfy. The staff was nice. The breakfast was quite good, with stocks of almost anything one could want for breakfast. My only complaint was the ice maker did not work on 2 of the 3 floors, and no one told us this until we inquired about it. I have problems walking great distances, so that was somewhat troublesome. We enjoyed the game room, played some pool. I wish I had seen there was a nice heated pool, before coming, as I would have brought our swimsuits. The lobby is very pretty, nicely decorated.
The hotel is in a very busy place, but our room faced the backside, so we did not hear traffic or many other residents there, as the rooms are quiet for the most part. Boone traffic in this area is going to be busy, this time of year, but the hotel stay was good enough and we recommend it.

Room Tip: For quieter rooms ask for one facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KimStephen

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Recently stayed there for one night for access to Boone.

The location is wayy to busy. Very difficult road to turn onto. The Hampton Inn is nearby and has the same problem. If location is most important to you I would recommend the La Qunita, Country Inn or Best Western. Holiday Inn Express is in a decent location, but farther away.

The breakfast was okay. The dining area was small, but sufficient. You can't complain too much about free breakfast.

The room was about as expected. The bed was a little firmer than preferred. The TV was flat screen, however there were limited channels and the volume was too soft on max. The bathroom was slightly dated and the room has a 'used' odor but nothing out of the ordinary.

The staff were nice and friendly. Was able to accommodate an early check-in. If you book through a third party and you prepaid be sure to say that otherwise they may accidentally charge you.

Room Tip: On the backside of the hotel away from the highway
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank telamm
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife and I recently made a three week driving trip down the eastern seaboard; twenty-one nights in hotel rooms. I was quite angry with the state of two of the hotels we stayed at and wanted to let people know and hopefully have them improve. My wife said it wasn't fair to rant about just the bad ones so I decided to do two good ones and two bad ones. This is one of the good.
Non smoking hotel. Very clean throughout. Plenty of towels. Clean linen, bed coverings and furniture. Microwave and fridge. Large comfortable room with semi divided sitting area. Beautiful lobby. One of the best continental breakfasts. Along with numerous other items there were even bacon and eggs.
One comment, and I don't mean to nit-pick but move the smokers away from the entrance.
At checkout I noticed an award at the front desk,
I believe it said: TOP 10% IN THE WORLD.
WELL DESERVED.
Mid September auto club rate $70 taxes in.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al L
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This was my second time staying at this hotel. First time it was adequate but this time I have been very disappointed. The bed is comfortable and there is free wifi. Front desk staff were courteous. Check in was quick. It is convenient to the APP state campus. At breakfast there was NO coffee in either coffee urn and when the young woman servicing the breakfast area was asked about when more would be coming out she was noted to roll her eyes when the guest turned away. We were there 45 minutes before breakfast was to end but there was very little to select from. We waited about 10 minutes and when still no coffee we went across the parking lot to a restaurant. I am attaching photos of the bathroom. When paying $139/night I expect more than plywood to support the towel rack and wall paper peeling around the shower.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We took my daughter to visit App State and go to the football game on Sept. 17th. I chose this hotel due to it's close proximity to the university since we didn't want to deal with trying to park! It's a short/safe walk - just come out of the hotel, turn left onto Hwy. 105, turn left onto Faculty Street and you'll be there in less than 10 minutes!

The room was clean and spacious. Our room faced Hwy. 105 so noise was a factor! Breakfast was decent but not great! Overcooked eggs and some type of chopped up ham but, what can you expect from a buffet? They did have several juices, cereal, and yogert which was great. I think that the hotel is a bit overpriced, but overall, it was worth it not to have to try to find a parking space near the university (which is nearly impossible on a football day!).

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be sure to ask for a room that faces the back of the hotel, not Hwy. 105...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This hotel is located right on a highway on a hill and since I had a front facing room, the traffic noise was considerable - especially the early morning trucks engine braking down the hill. No sleeping late here. The staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. Check in and check out were a breeze. Two restaurants were within easy walking distance if you dare to hoof it across the highway - Troy's diner and the Bandana BBQ. The room itself was clean,spacious but the furnishings were tired. The bed though was quite comfy. Breakfast had hot scrambled eggs and ham as well the the usual DYI waffles and biscuits with gravy.. Apples, bananas, and oranges were offered for fruit and then there was the usual cold cereal, instant oatmeal, toast, bagels, e muffs, danish, yogurt.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank tobynh
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Always a good experience. Tue and Wed enjoy the manager's reception. Next door the Cafe Rustica is great place for dinner. How about the double wide jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed: September 2011