All reviews starbucks coffee fire pit front desk newer hotel walk in shower beautiful hotel stayed here for one night king bed hot tub breakfast sandwich complimentary breakfast college town grandfather mountain a wonderful stay blowing rock appalachian state would stay here again
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Just checked in to the hotel and am very disappointed. I usually stay at la Quinta but decided to go a little nicer this time. Apparently, you are only allowed one car. We have 3 as we are here to move my daughter into her dorm. They have an agreement with the bank next door that allows parking in their lot from 6pm until 6am. So, I guess we have to get up and get to my car by 6am or be towed??? And where do I move it to??? I called la Quinta and they don't have any vehicle restrictions. I will be staying there in the future. Guests should be informed of this problem in advance of booking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ashecat1
BooneCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boone, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your visit to Boone for ASU move-in weekend. Given our downtown location with 100 rooms and 100 parking spaces, we have to enforce the 1 vehicle per reservation policy to ensure there is a space for each reservation during very busy weekends, such as this. We make every effort to notify guests of this policy to ensure they have ample time to prepare for an alternative situation if they intend to bring additional or over-sized vehicles with trailers. In addition to this information being listed on each email confirmation sent upon making a new reservation, we also sent an email notification earlier in the week to each guest arriving during move-in to make sure they were aware of the policy. We are hopeful that you were able to enjoy an otherwise positive stay with us this weekend.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

There isn't anything negative I can say about this Courtyard. The only thing I commented on was our bathroom wasn't cleaned. The towels were switched, the beds made but there was still some hand cream on the counter that I dropped and forgot to clean...the sink still had a hair from a hairbrush. The floor was clean however. I'm not sure if Housekeeping forgot or they don't wipe down each time?
The front desk wasn't as friendly as the other Marriotts we stayed in during the week. We were greeted nicely, given the key and a parking pass and that's it. No mention of pool times, how long the little bar/coffee shop was open (there isn't free breakfast here) etc. However, we didn't have any issues with parking, noise or anything not working. I'd stay here again! We were there for two nights.

Room Tip: The even # rooms are against the back, away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott during your recent visit to Boone, and for taking time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us. Although I am pleased to find that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us, I noticed there were a few missed opportunities that we will be addressing directly with each department. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott, and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you as our guest during your next visit to Boone.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Convenient location. Great room and very comfortable bed. However, I was doubled booked and had difficulty securing a refund for one of the bookings. Attempts to get breakfast was very frustrating. They had only one server taking orders at the counter. They ran out of oatmeal. Regular pancakes would be a 20 minute wait. The coffee was tepid and not fresh. Ordered toast and bacon that were served to me cold. I left without eating. Pool and hot tub access was blocked an entire day.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Winelifeline
BooneCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your recent visit to Boone. Although we are pleased to find that you had enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, we are disappointed to hear that there were several missed opportunities. We will certainly be addressing the areas of improvement that you pointed out and can assure you that they will not continue to be a problem. Thank you again for your time in providing your feedback, and we truly look forward to having another opportunity by which to serve you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Marriott courtyard Boone is fair rated hotel
Cost is way out line
Hotel is clean and spacious
Not enough luggage rack
There Bistro is overpriced
I will look for different accommodations when we return to area

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Glenn P
BooneCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott for your recent visit to Boone and for taking time to provide your comments regarding your stay with us. As we take great pride in exceeding our guests' expectations, we are sorry to find that your stay did not provide the sense of value and elevated service that we strive for. I did want to let you know that our rates do vary based on the day of week, as well as the time of year. Weekends over the summer and fall are always going to be premium priced, however, if you are able to travel during off-peak times, such as during the week, the rates are much less expensive. Our Bistro also offers stay-for-breakfast packages, where you can receive a full, hot, made-to-order breakfast for your entire family for just $15 more than your nightly room rate. We hope to have another opportunity by which to impress you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

The hotel is nice and clean. Centrally located for Boone and Western NC exploring. We stayed on 4th floor. No views of Mountains. A Lot of traffic noise. Expessially if you’re attempting a sleep in relaxing day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Papa_Bear_of_4
BooneCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your recent visit to Boone and for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. Although we are pleased to find that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us, we are sorry to hear that you were unable to rest well due to our central location in downtown and the proximity to the road. Please let the reservationist know while making your next booking that you would prefer a quiet room, and they will ensure you are blocked on the backside of the building. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you as our guest again soon!