New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
nc coast
“One of the Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn's but this is the best one by far! The management and staff are always very helpful, they go out of their way to insure that you have a good stay! The place is always very clean and the beds comfortable!

The breakfast is normally included in the price and it is very good! I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express to everyone!

Room Tip: Higher floors always have better views!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express with my husband for our honeymoon. The hotel looked beautiful from the outside and I was excited because it was in a good location to shops and restaurants and even a Walmart. The rooms were very nice and clean, did appear that one of the pillows in the room was already used, pillowcase did not appear to be crisp and fresh. The room was equipped with everything we needed to that we would not have to leave the room being that it was our honeymoon, Jacuzzi tub, refrigerator, microwave, and wifi. The complimentary breakfast was ok, just think some items should change when people stay there for more than one day, although the gravy biscuits were very good, after three days it got old. But overall, this was a very nice stay, I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed here just the other night. Property is fairly up to date and clean. I'll echo the mattress lament of a few others; it seemed to slump in toward the middle which is a weird & uncomfortable feeling. Had this same experience at another HI property recently in SC, BTW. Other than that...the room was nicely sized. I liked the bathroom layout. WiFi connection is good and painless. Breakfast is continental and mediocre.

If you're in town for work, as I was, the location is good; if you're there for vacation or an ASU event you might want to consider another property.

Overall, my stay was okay but I will try another property the next time that I'm in town.

• Stayed February 2012
tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express with my son while on a weekend ski trip. The exterior of the hotel appears nice but the inside is in need of some updating. The interior is very hospital like. The rooms are equip with old non flat screen televisions. The wall mounted airconditioners blowing supper cold air or supper hot dry air. Staff was nice. Next trip I'll stay some where else.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is clean and inexpensive for a nights stay. I think I paid about 72 dollars for a two queen room. The room was clean, the breakfast was nice for the maybe three guests there on our sunday night.
I paid an extra 5 dollars for a room with a balcony. Not to burst the bubble, but the balcony overlooks a Lowes parking lot and highway. The room had no way of setting a temperature. The heat on low was too hot and on just fan, too cold. A thermostat would help control it.

There is a nice steakhouse across the street called The Peddler.

Room Tip: fifth floor end room was very quiet. The extra five dollars for balcony did not improve our stay.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank movedsouth
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights to go skiing up the road at Beech Mountain. I would put the hotel at the upper end of the Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. For under $100 a night I don't think you can beat it. I am a platinum priority club member and request a room upgrade every time I stay at a hotel. The hotel originally gave us a great suite (I think it was room 300). Equipped with a separate living room, bar and kitchen. Stand up shower, whirlpool and double sinks. Unfortunately, I was traveling with a friend and not my wife and after debating who got the pull out couch we decided to down grade to a standard room (Suites only have king beds). The standard room was still a step above most Holiday Inn Expresses. It had a small, but nice balcony with a door and the typical layout. Bed and restroom were standard for Holiday Inn Expresses. We slept great. The room was up to my standards of cleanliness nothing stood out as dirty.

We could not use the pool because it is outdoor. That was one draw back as a hot tub would have been nice after skiing. The lobby/breakfast area were nice and large. Plenty of seating and some couches with a TV to watch. Ample free parking and free WIFI. The location is great with easy access to dining and the University Area "downtown". We drove one night and then chose to take a taxi the second night so we could have a few more drinks. We used Boone Taxi which appeared to be a college student trying to make some extra bucks. There weren't a lot of options in Boone. Nonetheless, the rates were flat around town and she was punctual/responsive.

Room Tip: Ask for room 300
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AdvisorBrad
Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We are currently in the middle of a 3 day stay at this hotel. We have stayed here before and thought we knew what we were getting. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The other reviews stating the mattresses and pillows are in dire need of replacing are right! Definite hole in the middle of the bed. With two people in a bed, it is very uncomfortable. Pillows feel as if there are just shredded pieces of foam in them. It even seems as though they are skimping on the breakfast compared to our last stay. Very disappointing compared to the experience we are used to getting from other Holiday Inn Express hotels. My next trip to Boone, I will stay at another hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family