All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk blowing rock pancake machine room was clean whirlpool tub appalachian state university outdoor pool location is great the breakfast area microwave and refrigerator restaurants and shopping nice property the blue ridge parkway short drive central location nice stay
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We came into Boone because our Daughter went to a Softball Camp at App state. She stayed at the dorm and we needed a hotel while there. This hotel was lovely. We enjoyed our stay. Alexa helped me when I called. She asked if I had a floor preference and I said top Floor. She was very accommodating and offered a room with a balcony. It was perfect and offered pretty mountain view. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor with Balcony
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know we made your stay enjoyable. I will make sure and pass on to Alexis your kind comments. We hope you get a chance to visit us many more times!

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Our family had a great experience at this hotel. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The amenities were more than adequate. Our kids enjoyed the pool in 2 separate occasions. While a little small for more than 8-10 people, it still filled our family’s needs. The breakfast was also very good and perfect way to start our days. All around friendly folks and a great place to spend our vacation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Wes H
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us in Boone. I am pleased that you made us a part of your family vacation and making memories. Please come see us again!

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Clean room, comfortable beds w/triple white sheets/duvet. Good size bathroom. They really need to put a chair out on the balconies to be able to enjoy it (read a book, etc.) - it was still nice to open & let in the fresh mountain air though. Good desk & ergo chair, if you’re working. Good breakfast & kind staff too. I was here for App freshman/Parent Orientation so I mainly needed a good room to rest overnight, check e-mail, & relax & this did nicely. I’d choose again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cica1970
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Boone. We appreciate your kind comments and detailed review, it helps future travelers make their plans. We wish your student good wishes and look forward to seeing you many times over the next few years.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night after staying at Blowing Rock location.Much better facility,very knowledgeable employees and helpful! The breakfast wasn't that great,the turkey sausage,no bacon,watered down coffee and OJ!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert H
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I apologize for the breakfast shortcomings. We have just recently switched over to the new breakfast bar setup and food and we are still working out the kinks. I will pass on your comments and we will make the appropriate corrections. We hope you get a chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Very nice indeed. I had business in Boone for 3 days. The front desk staff as friendly and very helpful with all the questions I had. The room was clean and the bed was extra comfortable. If and when I go back I will stay here if they have a room open.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know we did things right. It means a lot to us! Clean and friendly is what we strive for above all else. We look forward to your return visits!