All reviewstoilet and showerfire pitmilky waylaundry roomgreat amenitiesoutdoor activitieshot tubcomfortable bedswould stay againget awayyurtgorgebathhousefrogsbullgrilllinens
Reviewed March 23, 2016

This was a great experience for me and my girlfriend. It is not a luxury resort, but more like glorified camping. So if you love being outdoors, a few bugs, and having a running waterfall put you to sleep, I would 10/10 recommend. Fun Fact: If you follow the water path and do a brief scale down the side of mountain, there is a deck right next to the waterfall.

Bryson City is about 15minutes away with a sweet brewery (Nantahala Brewing) and about 3 restaurants. If you don't plan on making that drive, then plan on bringing your own food!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I spent a weekend in one of the Yurts. I've heard some call it "glamping" since you sleep in a bed, have a hard floor with a rug beneath your feet and have both a space heater and a fan. On the other hand it is just a canvas walled tent so you can hear every single sound at night, even from the people talking 100 feet away. Fortunately everyone was mindful of the quiet time starting at 10 PM - The common bathroom and showers were right up the hill but are clean, well-stocked with towels, soap and shampoo and warmed up quickly by their own heaters. We did have our own fire pit and small balcony. Key pickup was easy even in the dark when we arrived late. Friendly staff and plenty to do. Definitely fun to say you slept like a Mongol!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jedgar703
Reviewed November 2, 2015

My husband and I stayed the weekend and had a great time. The yurts and bathhouse have all the amenities (mini fridge, space heater, blankets, towels, etc) while still allowing you to fall asleep to the sounds of the forest. We had a very comfortable and relaxing stay in Yurt 4. Lots of stuff to do nearby. We'll be back in the warmer months to do some more outdoor activities.

Room Tip: Yurt 4 was directly facing the bathhouse so it was very convenient. Noise from other guests walking to the bathrooms was minimal.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2015

We had a lovely time staying at the Orchard Villa Yurt! The bed was comfortable and clean. This is the second time we stayed - this time the refrigerator needed a little help! and some dusting of the lamp shades and curtains would have been good.
We would definitely stay again - the location is secluded, quiet and peaceful. The restrooms are easy to get to and clean, there is no light pollution and there are plenty of night sounds to keep you in nature's loop. We will be back again!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2015 via mobile

no light pollution to dim to magnificent heavens. i stayed in the waterfall yurt and listened to the lullabye of water, crickets, and toads as i fell asleep in a clean and comfy bed. i loved the steps, the solar lights, the peace. highly recommend! i was just passing thru on my way home. dont miss the actual big falls. friendly people in this town too. the journal was fun to read and add to as well. it is left in yurt with entries from other campers.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo