“Affordable and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burgaw Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burgaw
Burgaw Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burgaw
Raleigh, NC
“Affordable and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Burgaw Motel is an affordable place to rest your head. It's clean and there's a mini-fridge, microwave and television. The woman who checked me in was very nice. I felt safe while there. This motel is in a small, quiet town. There's a grocery store and fast food chains within walking distance. Also, this might sound weird, but I love hotel showers b/c of the shower pressure. I thought maybe I wouldn't have this at this small motel. But lo and behold - awesome shower pressure, a nice perk.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

16 Thank extrajourneywoman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I rarely stay at non chain motels but I was out of time and this was my only option..this is a small,old privately owned motel..I had to park at the Hardees across the street because the parking lot wasnt big enough to get a semi into, from the outside this place is kept up descent I was greeted by a very freindly foreign lady the room was around $40.00 after I checked in on the way to the room I was thinking the worst but I was surprised when I entered the room it was very small and basic no frills at all but it was clean as it could be...the shower was clean and had good pressure and hot water and the big surprise was the bed it was small but very comfy...not too often you can get a room this comfy and clean for the money...It was really nice ..if you want a romantic getaway this is not for you..If you are looking for a clean,cheap, basic no frills room to get a good nights sleep this is the spot....nice stay for the money , I would stay again...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
12 Thank teamster175
Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights the first night was in and upstairs room. The room was clean, but the bathroom tolit leaked and the we had to use our towels to keep it dry. Oh I forgot to say I was sick with fever, and my husband is disable. so the next day we were going to stay else were but I did not feel up to it, so got another room. this time down stairs right under the room we stayed in before. well I woke up to water driping down in bathroom and over the mirror the light thier was full of water. So i did not turn it on we could not shower or even use the tolit with out getting dirty water driped on us. And the next moring what do the OWNERS say oh were sorry you should have ask for another room. I m sorry I was sick at 2am and did not want to have to chang rooms. did they offter money back NO. i WILL NEVER STAY THEIR AGAIN!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Paula P
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I would like to thank the management of the Burgaw Motel for allowing us to stay even though they have a "no pets allowed policy"...We had traveled all day from PA to conduct business in the area the following day and were not able to get a room because we travel with our dog. I sincerely appreciate your extention of kindness that you showed us. I know with the 4th of July weekend and fires in the area you were very busy. You have nice clean accomodations at an affordable price. Sorry we accidently left with the room key but hope you got it back via mail. Thanks again for a great stay...I would recommend your motel to anyone staying in this area for pleasure or business...keep up the nice work!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank kelliskorral
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I rarely come across such quality in temperament in the staff and management concerning holiday inn’s above the norm, but I was pleasantly surprised as I was treated exceptionally well and felt welcome to return, the single room I occupied was spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable what more for 3 nights stay could you ask for. The staff are always wiling to help and the management is second to none, the local stores are only a stones throw from the motel and the supermarkets are 30 minutes drive away, not bad at all, you can rest easy as you are in a quiet area of North Carolina. All in all I was pleasantly surprised how well set out the Burgaw Motel was and would definitely like to visit there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank Twain1234
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I was truly impressed with how helpful and extremely friendly the management and staff were at this motel. In additon, the managers did everything possible to make my stay a very pleasant one - seeing that I was from the UK and it was my first visit to North Carolina. The accommodation was very clean and the double rooms are spacious and especially nice. The motel is located in a quiet area of Burgaw however it is two minutes away from a beauty salon, two supermarkets, resturants, bank and launderette - just to name a few however, the stores are at least 30 minutes drive from the motel. Overall, I had a really good experience at this motel and would love to visit again some time in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Marci026
Anytown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

I stayed their while looking for a home. The clerk, i.e. Manager agreed to allow my little dogs with me. I paid a 10.00 fee. The dogs were kept with me most of the time.

When I went to mail a postcard at 11:30A, he accused my dogs of tinkling or as he so crudely said "peeing" all over the bed THEY did not and he couldn't tell me which bed it was.

I had eaten a sandwich with mustard while I was in the bed and gotten yellow mustard on the bed. Yellow, dah, same color as urine.

Even though my dogs didn't mess up the room, I went out and bought carpet shampoo, deodorizer etc and the room was very neat when the maid (I gave her a $3.00 tip) came into clean the room, the night before we left.

I ask him if he wanted me to leave. It was the past the check out time and of course he didn't. Greed!,

if my dogs had caused problems why didn't he come and ask me to leave?! Sad, this man was rude, dumb and an animal hater and jerk, especially in this economy!

When I move back he will loose over a thousand dollars which I will pay another hotel while I am waiting to move into my home.

Such a sad, old, angry man.

"Why would I take time to write this if I was lying?.

[--]

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank doxyparents
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burgaw
22.0 km away
35.6 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
35.4 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington

Been to Burgaw Motel? Share your experiences!