“Best bang for your buck and pet friendly to top it off”

Red Roof Inn Burlington
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
White Plains, MD
“Best bang for your buck and pet friendly to top it off”
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I have stayed recently at hotels double the price than this one than don't offer half the amenities. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I visited this hotel. I'll break it down for you:

Price:
Unbeatable. Checked in with my wife and my pet Friday night, checked out Sunday morning. Paid only $140 for both nights (that includes occupancy fees and taxes) and only had to pay an additional $25 for my pet, for the whole stay. (Other places charge a pet fee PER NIGHT).

In-room Amenities:
I had all that I needed. Working Steam Iron with Ironing table, REFRIGERATOR and MICROWAVE which is a HUGE plus for me. Only some hotels offer this and I can't stress how important this is for me. To be able to buy soft drinks aplenty since day one, stock your in room refrigerator and having available cold drinks any time you want without having to go to the machine or paying for room service is Huge. My only gripe would be the TV. It was from the early 90's so the screen is not 100% square shaped but a bit round in shaped in the cornerd and the picture quality was a little lame. Don't let this deter you from the Hotel thou. Specially since while walking down the hallway, couldn't help but notice other rooms which doors were open had WAY better TVs than my room. I guess I won the lottery of the antique house TV this time. My room was #156 in case you want to avoid it but there's one advantage this room has that I don't know if you can get in other rooms, and I'll talk about it next:

Internet:

Best signal strength (at least in room 156) of any hotel I have EVER stayed at and the best of all........FREE. (some hotels charge you for internet access nowadays. And when they do, I just avoid them).

The download speeds could have been better (I tested at 1500mbps download) but combined with the constant signal strength and decent throughput of the router they were using, I was able to stream Hulu and Netflix all night without any issues. That's pretty much what made me not care about the lame TV set.

Cleanliness and overall quality: 5 stars. Comfortable bed and pillows, clean and well stocked bathroom with plenty of towels and toiletries. Room was HUGE. Breakfast was decent and FREE, It doesn't get any better than this for 70 bucks a night. If I ever visit the Burlington, NC area, this is where I'm staying.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Michigan
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days with a group of 70+ people. We dealt with cranky front desk employees, having to call every day to get housekeeping to come clean our room and to top it off, there was a SNAKE in the hallway on the last night of our stay. One of the gentlemen with us was able to grab it and dispose of it outside. There was a roach in the lobby too. Never again.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank chum_2005
NC
Reviewed 21 February 2009

After a bad experience at another hotel and a discount they would not honor, I checked into this Quality Inn. For the price I was given, I was wondering what the overall service would be like, just like other reviewers. I had stayed there before, and it was nothing to really note. Now, I can see that they are really making some improvements to the place.

It is not a four star hotel, but for the price I paid, it was a really good deal. The beds were a bit firm, but everyones taste on that is different. My kids really liked the popcorn they could have as a snack. A problem with the first room was quickly fixed, and we settled in for the night. Where our room was, it was very quiet. You don't always get that at a hotel. We were at the end of a hallway.

The breakfast in the morning is a real hot breakfast. It satisfied three growing boys. That is an accomplishment to have all three happy at once.

The rooms were very spacious and larger than I am used to seeing.

The staff was always courteous when I saw them, and it seemed to be well staffed. Out of the mouth of a 14 year old, I slept very well and was cozy warm. This may not be on the bigger exit, but it is very convenient and well priced.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
East Orange
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I stayed at this hotel based on an event I was attending & all of the performers were staying there, So the promote booked my room here too. Very nice and friendly staff, they happened to be training one young lady on the weekened I was there. I had a lil mishap at the airport, So the others I met up with were already on their way to the hotel. SO when I did arrive I was happy to see The Waffle House, and other places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. I checked in the room was very clean I had no problems, I was able to rest until it was time for my function to attend. The only problem I have was the young lady who was new & in-training, Somehow charged one of the performers rooms on my card, She knew my face because of a few questions I asked her...So when she saw my running out for something @ the Outlet Mall, She stopped me and explained the situation to me,and said that she had already corrected it, Now of she had not let m know and just corrected the situation, I would have never known, So I do appreciate her honesty in letting me know of her mistake. Plus she shared with me some of her other mistakes she had made that day.

But my overall experience was good there, I would stay there again

• Liked — convience to eating & shopping
  • Disliked — mixup on charges on my room
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Like the last review when we booked our trip no one had yet reviewed this hotel. We were extremely happy with the property. It was far nicer than I had imagined based on both the "stars" and also the price (I paid $52 per night before tax).

We were visitng Elon University> I would highly recommend this hotel Especially if you are just looking for a place to sleep.

The pool area looked very nice.

Also to note, there was a microwave and small fridge in the room. We did not need this amenity BUT it was not listed on any of the web sites that I saw.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness, convenience, price
  • Disliked — not the nicest looking area, turn by a goodwill to get in and out
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
United States
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We booked a 2* on Priceline in Burlington, NC and ended up with this Quality Inn. We were a little nervous bcs nobody had rated this property yet. We were actually pleasantly surprised. The lobby area was very large and nicely appointed. The breakfast was far better than average... eggs, biscuits, sausage, yogurts, waffles, bagels, etc. There was a nice business area (internet/printer) available. Our room was average. A little tired, but overall clean.

The biggest downside to this hotel is its location. The exit is a little on the shabby side. Pretty much gas stations and fast food places. The exit prior and the next exit (141 and 147 I believe) had lots of good restaurants. After a long day of traveling, having a place to eat and relax is important to us.

If you get this hotel via Priceline at a good price, I think you'll find it adequate. Wouldn't go out of our way to stay there, however.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
nc
Reviewed 2 August 2007

Avoid room 105!
I switched to this room to try to pick up a wireless signal (Room 156 had none) and woke up this morning to bedbug bites all over me.
Busy dealing with getting all my clothes and fabric bags that were in the room into sealed plastic bags now, so I missed breakfast, I heard it was good.
Hopefully the critters won't make it home with me!

I guess this is what you get for a 2 star 41 dollars (with tax 52) bid on priceline. Since it's priceline I guess I don't have an option to complain, I mean I certainly don't want a 2nd night for free here!

Staff here was very nice and the room was nice enough looking and very large.
Hotel is next to the highway so there's a constant truck noise if you don't have the room fan on- especially in the wing nearest to the highway.
Nice courtyard with small pool.
AC is draining directly to the floor so there's a mold smell and the corner is wet.

I have stayed at far worse hotels and I know that bedbugs are difficult to iradicate but I'm still pretty disgusted.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo