“Use this location for meetings several times a year”

Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My Company holds training classes all over the State of NC and we have been using the Ramada Inn for a long time. It has gone through a series of updates and now is not a bad place to stay. Breakfast is very good and the lunch buffet is sometimes very good. This location is close to I-40 so be sure to ask for a room on the side away from traffic or you will hear the trucks roar all night.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank roscoe28734

Reviewed 1 June 2009

My family and I stayed at this motel last year when we were attending the memorial service for my mother. Everyone was so accomodating and helpful. So, when my sister and I planned a weekend trip to Burlington May 30-31, there was no question about where we would stay. The front desk staff were professional, helpful and polite. We checked in around 12:30 p.m. I have some problems climbing stairs and had requested a ground floor room. It was ready and we found it clean, comfortable and very handy to the front desk and the restaurant. The only problem we had was with the coffee maker, which did not work. The breakfast Sunday morning was fantastic . . . varied, well prepared, and served by friendly staff. This is NOT a motel for people looking for and expecting to find the Ritz, and, yes, it is not a brand-new property. But as a comfortable place to stay at a reasonable rate, it can't be beat! Being just up the road from the K & W cafeteria is a plus also. We were well pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 24 March 2009

This hotel is in dire need of updating. It's old and is not wearing well. While the room was rated as non-smoking, it shares the air of smoking rooms. Terrible smell in the heating unit kept us from even turning the heat on.

Location is right off the highway but we were in a room that did not face the highway so we never heard the noise but were put right next to the vending machines and maintenance closet so there was plenty of noise.

Many of the rooms exit directly outside - not very safe for most travelers and their posessions. Breakfast was not great - big buffet but not much selection if you are not interested in a typical southern spread.

Got the feeling that I stayed at a trucker hotel but there were no trucks parked outside!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2009

The Ramada Inn Burlington was the worst place I've ever stayed and I've stayed in alot considering my line of work. Rooms were not clean, bathrooms not in good working order and on top of all that, I was over charged. After checking out, my credit card was charged almost 3 thousand dollars for time I wasn't there. After disputing the charges through my bank, the manager did reimburse me for part of the money. The hotel staff sucks and they are rude!!!
I wouldn't recomment anyone to stay here unless you are in for a stay in HELL!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2008

We decided to give this hotel a 2nd chance after a bad 1st experience and it did go much better. We only stayed one night as we were attending a funeral. We checked in pretty late and got a nice clean King room. We went to the Master's bar where we had a few drinks and chatted with the friendly bartender. We got a very good nights sleep then had a nice full breakfast buffet (which is included in the regular rate). Then we checked out and were on our way. Nothing great, but much better than our 1st stay here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AtlantaBry
Reviewed 4 June 2007

I recently stayed at this Ramada and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely friendly and even though you could tell it was an older hotel, it was clean, confortable and very affordable. GREAT breakfast also!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 April 2007

Well...one thing good to say about the hotel was that the staff was nice..besides that the hotel was terrible. The carpet was filthy, The furniture was rusty, Cobwebs were everywhere, The bathroom smelled like pee, The sink drain was clogged and the sink pipes had a massive leak straight to the carpet. We left and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)