“A gem tucked away from the road”

Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I'll be honest, I had a tough time finding this place at night. It's tucked away off the main street and there are no signs to help find it. But once you find it, it's great. Very new hotel and in awesome condition.

Rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, fast internet, nice TV, and a big comfy bed.

Breakfast is free and tasty. Where this hotel really shines though is the staff. I have never stayed at a hotel at this price point with more friendly and efficient staff. Very cheerful, willing to answer any question, walk around at breakfast with mints and refilling coffee. Very pleasantly surprised.

I don't think I'll be back staying in Burlington again because I almost always stay in Greensboro, but I got "stuck" here when a convention was in town and I couldn't get my other hotels. If I do find myself needing a hotel in Burlington, you can be sure that I'll be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
gsobl, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize that our hotel was not easy to find. We are hoping to have some directional signage posted in the near future. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything else during your stay, especially our customer service. We strive on making all of our guests happy and I am pleased to know that my team treated you very well.

We hope to serve you again in the future if you ever find the need to stay in Burlington again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stop here on our way back home from Florida, nice and clean hotel, friendly staff.
Lost a Gold earring in my room and when I called a day after they had found it .
They mailed it to me . Would stay again.

One thing it would be nice to have a little fridge in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you sending in your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to locate your earring. I am sorry that you weren't able to stay in one of our rooms that had a refridgerator. If you ever choose to stay at our hotel again, please be sure to take advantage of booking one of our suites as they all have refridgerators.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you again!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had to stop here for one night last night while passing through. It was a clean updated hotel with easy to access wifi. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sending in your comments regarding your recnt stay at our hotel. We're very glad that you found our hotel clean and that my team was very friendly. We strive to make sure all of our guests experience exception customer service.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Yes, believe all the reviews. This is an excellent hotel, clean, safe, comfortable beds, nice bathroom, No fridge in room, breakfast was basic, but overall excellent stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

We are very happy that you enjoyed everything during your stay. I am sorry that you weren't able to stay in one of our rooms that are equipped with a refridgerators. If you ever stay at our hotel again please be sure to take advantage of booking one of our suites. All of our suites are equipped with microwaves and refridgerators.

Thank you for posting your feedback!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Disclaimer: I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before so I had low expectations. Also the only reason the hotel gets four stars versus five stars is because the room did not have a refrigerator or microwave. Henceforth, this hotel was absolutely wonderful. The front desk staff were very accomodating, very friendly, and prompt. I reserved a double room but wanted a king and they were able to move me to my preferred room. The hotel was extremely clean. The room was awesome!!!. It was very spacious with a sofa and the pictures on the site are old. The rooms have flat screen tv's. The bathrooms are also spacious with room for two people to get ready and pretty much all the amenities that you need are in the room. Breakfast was ok but if your desire is danish, muffins, bagels, waffles, and already cooked egg omelets than it would suffice. Finally there is ample parking. Sidenote: there is a dance club a parking lot over and it was quite busy when we came back to the room but we did not hear anything once we were in the room. The Holiday Inn is literally next door to the club. Overrall wonderful stay and I plan to re-book again.

Room Tip: Reserve a king size room. Lots of space!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
gsobl, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We appreciate all of your feedback and we will definitely look into offering fridges and microwaves in our standard rooms in the future. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed one night while visiting Elon University . Comfortable room, breakfast was good and overall a good value.

Stayed: April 2012

We are glad that our hotel met your expectations in comfort and cleanliness! Thank you for posting your positve comments!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Traveled for a visit to Elon University. The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was friendly. Well done!

Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed our stay and we hope to serve you again in the future.