“This is a very special place to host a wedding or special event”

The Farm Cabins & Cottages
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I was a member of a wedding party for a wedding last year at the Farm. What I loved about it was that all of the wedding party and their families (all close family) stayed at the Farm and the other guests were at a local hotel. It was actually wonderful because we were able to walk to each other's cabin's and the kids' especially loved that. We helped the bride get ready in her cabin and were able to run back to ours as needed on the day of the wedding. And, we could walk to the "barn" for the wedding and party afterwards then walk home. The venue had beautiful country side views - which were very fitting for our bride who grew up riding horses. It was so convenient and safe - and absolutely gorgeous. Most of the cabins were also spectacular and rustic - but in a really "good" updated way, but I'll admit that mine was the only not-renovated one. It was still very clean and nice but the Full Bed wasn't the greatest. I would really like to give this rating a 4.5 Star due to that one cabin, but that isn't an option- so I'll go for the 5. I would absolutely recommend this venue/hotel to anyone wanting an intimate wedding.

Room Tip: Everyone room but the small cottage closest to the highway was great
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank kfoodman

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I came here for a Christmas present which includes the cottage and the culinary experience. I must say that I am more the blown away by the whole experience. We stayed in the Chestnut cottage and it is so cute. The details are so grand and makes you feel like you're in the middle of the woods. It Is very peaceful. Every morning with the culinary experience you get an amazing breakfast. Then at night the tastiest , original and most entertaining dinner you will ever experience. Executive Chef Michael and Sous Chef Dan make everything from scratch. Most of the ingredients are grown on the farm. Dinner was short braised ribs that was by far the best I have ever had nestled on top of a sweet potato cake and collard greens. So amazing !!! You have to try this place.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roccosoprano
thefarmcabins, Front Office Manager at The Farm Cabins & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Rocco,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at The Farm! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Outstanding time at The Farm for my holiday gathering for my company. Top notch service and venue. Tandoori chicken, wood fired vegetables, shrimp and grits with okra. Peanut butter pie and lemon tart pie....top notch and will be back again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Linusnc
thefarmcabins, Owner at The Farm Cabins & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Thanks so much for your kind words. We loved having you and your team here for your holiday party. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Our family stayed in these lovely cabins for several days when we had a wedding here. The cabins are perfectly rustic and comfy whether you get one for a couple or an entire family. Well stocked with the necessities we needed to serve a meal to a group, and big enough for a party. Thank you to Beverly and family for a great stay!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiggerlilly51
Reviewed 29 September 2016

What a wonderful place. Everything was perfect, from the wonderful owner, the chef, and every staff we made contact with. The cottage was beautiful, clean, and cozy. We enjoyed everything about the experience and will absolutely be back in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hickory, it was great!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RaThompson077
Reviewed 2 August 2016

My son and daughter in law were married here Oct 2015. The venue was perfect- they were married by the gazebo, with the guests looking on. The cocktail hour was held outside and under the outside awning, with dinner to follow inside. There were about 120 guests, which caused us to spill out onto the outside "porch"but with the doors opened up, everyone felt included. The weather couldn't have been more perfect- but if it had rained the ceremony would have been under the awning on the "porch" .
The family and wedding party stayed in the cabins. They are fabulous!!! We started in the pet friendly one, which has the least pretty kitchen- and that's where we baked the wedding cake! It came out beautiful despite having no idea before hand what kind of oven we'd have! Once everyone else arrived we moved over the cabin nearest to horses- unfortunately in this cabin there was not a full kitchen. Just a dorm size refrigerator, and sink, and coffee maker. Fortunately I was making breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole crew in one of the other cabins- so it all worked out. But check the accommodations before you book! They are all fabulous! I only wish there were more , for all the wedding guests. While were there, they did acquire another one.
Of note-Some of these cabins are close to family homes - so we did not push the noise limit. The fireplaces outside are awesome. There is plenty of parking for guests. We arranged for limo service to and from The Farm- so our guest did not have to worry about the 10-15 minute drive from Asheville in the dark.
Overall - fantastic!

Room Tip: Check to be sure the amenities you want are included in the cabin you chose.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank roseann7662
Reviewed 11 May 2016

On behalf of my wife, her family and mine I wanted to thank the Farm and staff for the best wedding and weekend we could have ever imagined. From the unique and comfortable cottages, to the friendly and accommodating staff, to the property itself, we were touched and delighted at every turn. We rented out all the cottages for the entire weekend as well as the Gathering Place for the wedding. Our wedding party had numerous compliments about the accommodations and I know my wife and I loved the Cricket cottage. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for a day and weekend that I will never forget. We are already planning when we can come back and stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Darin c
thefarmcabins, Wedding Coordinator at The Farm Cabins & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Darin,

We can not thank you enough for your kind words. We feel so honored to have been a part of you and Karen's very special day! You both and your families were truly a pleasure to work with and we are so thrilled that your day was as perfect as we hoped it would be. We wish you both the absolute best and can not wait to see what the future has in store for you both.

Congratulations from the entire Farm Family!