All reviews lazy pirate restaurant next door corn hole memorial day weekend live band place to stay extra towels walking distance to everything housekeeping staff love this place pet volleyball bedspread rates
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We stayed at Drifters Reef, in the true spirit of Carolina Beach. They have a friendly, accommodating staff that are willing to make your stay comfortable. The rooms were clean, fresh linens and towels were at our disposal. We will definitely come back. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Rooms were good and reasonably price... by the book by the boom!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cctrue5172017
driftersreef, Manager at Drifters Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Thank you for the great review!! We hope that you will continue to stay with us when visiting Carolina Beach! We have off season specials this Fall for our guests. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2017

Loved it here. Very clean huge bed, nice pool. Alot of anything you want around. Great restaurant next door. No complaints. The front desk person was amazing and had a great personality. First time in North Carolina and the hotel I choose was perfect. It was right on the ocean and for the price of 130.00 a night compared to 400.00 a night it was AMAZING.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Christie,
Thank-you for taking the time review our establishment & the restaurant (Lazy Pirate) next door. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon! We value our guests and appreciate your review!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a pet friendly room. Which was cool. They had tile floors. Everything we needed was there. Problems we had: sink drained really slow, it filled up while washing my teeth. The shower kept loosing pressure. Like cutting off loosing pressure. Walls in bathroom were kinda dirty. Pretty sure there was blood on the wall. Bed I believe was broke too. BUT it's extremely convenient. Prefect walking distance to food and drinks. And they allowed dogs. Which was awesome.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. Glad you had an enjoyable trip! We will address the sink issue. Thanks again!

Reviewed June 16, 2017

I've stayed in many hotels but I have to say Drifters Reef is my favorite. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean. If I needed an extra towel because I was in their sparkling clean pool they didn't hesitate to provide me with extra ones. I always check out the bed before I get into it and I was impressed. The sheets and blankets were clean and the bedspread looked like it came out of a magazine. The location was great. We never had to crank up our car to go anywhere so there were no parking problems. They provide room service from the Lazy Pirate Restaurant which is located in their parking lot. We laughed and played and the whole Family had fun. No Worries or stress. The staff took good care of us. They even have a little fish pond and kids love feeding the fish. My dog also loved the stay. Without a doubt I will stay there every time I visit Carolina Beach.

Room Tip: All of the rooms had a coffee pot, microwave and fridge. Some even had a couch and tables and chairs. I liked the room by the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SherryJoMatthews

Sherry,
We do enjoy our repeat customers especially when they take the time to share their views with others. Our staff works hard and always feels appreciated when reading reviews such as yours. It makes us feel accomplished when we read descriptions like "sparkling clean pool". Laughing, playing and having fun with no worries or stress is the kind of vacation everyone should have. Look forward to serving you on your next trip to Carolina Beach.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

My family stayed at the Drifters Reef this past weekend. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly from the Front Desk clerk checking us in to the housekeeping staff who supplied us with extra towels upon our request. The motel is absolutely adorably decorated, very bright and cheery. The beds were very comfortable and the kids especially loved the great Pool! The Lazy Pirate being right there also added a delightful opportunity for my husband and I to enjoy live music in a family atmosphere, Our kids loved playing volleyball and corn hole while we had the chance to enjoy the live music. All in all this place fit the bill for an amazing family friendly vacation. We will definitely be returning on our next beach trip!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear loverofthebeach2017,
Love your tripadvisor name. Thank-you for your glowing review and all the nice words. Our hotel strives to provide a place for families to come and have an amazing vacation and we are happy to hear this was the case! We look forward to seeing you on your next beach trip.