“Tasty, interesting, large portions”
Review of Tandem Carrboro

Tandem Carrboro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tandem Carrboro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Carrboro
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Description: Tandem serves modern American cuisine in a sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere in Historic Carr Mill, Downtown Carrboro. The menu features seasonal, farm to table food sourced from family-owned local farms. Our food draws from regional American and international influences, presented in a creative and interesting way. We feature a full service bar with craft cocktails, local artisan beers.
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Sunday night dinner with brother and partner. Food was very good and interesting. Mergez stuffed calamari appetizer was spicy and great (sounds unusual). Appetizer portions are very generous. Lamb shank and short rib entrees were very good.
Pleasant environment, quiet for conversation on a Sunday night.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Went there on a Sunday evening for a seven o'clock reservation for four. The menu is chock full of starters and main courses that I'd love to try so will be back to experience more of them. Dishes that we had were chicken liver pate, summer risotto (on the first day of fall ... !), chickpea fritters as starters and lamb shank, chicken tagine, seven vegetable dish, and tuna special as main courses. Everyone agreed that everything was delicious. Dessert options are sparse but we weren't having desserts so I don't know what they're like. The waitress offered to bring two checks which was a welcome departure and she was charming throughout. One slight downer was that they started to strip tables and remove chairs around us while we were still eating and then chatting afterwards. Eventually I felt uncomfortable enough that I suggested we head out since we were clearly keeping them from closing. As I rose to leave I checked my phone and it was still just 9:20. I checked their hours when I got home to find that they close at 9 PM on Sundays. So, apologies to the staff for keeping them there but, really, 9 PM on a Sunday night for closing, that's a little early.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We came here for a private dinner of about 15 people (in the semi private room). Service was fantastic and the food was delicious! I highly recommend the squash carpaccio and the lamb (truly the best lamb I may have ever had). Desserts were also excellent.

Loved the seasonal and local menu!

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Went here for dinner on a Saturday night after a home football game at UNC. I expected it to be packed, but it was fairly quiet for Saturday, although it was Labor Day weekend. We decided to split a short rib appetizer and I settled on the salmon for dinner.

The ribs were downright awful. They were so overcooked that they tasted of little more than char, and you needed a knife to separate the individual ribs. The bones were falling apart, which meant I had to pick around bones while eating dried out rib meat. The salmon was somewhat better--the fish was cooked well, but the rest of the dish left something to be desired. Rather, less to be desired maybe. There was so much going on on the plate--purple potato mash, white sauce, peanuts, cabbage, a sauce, some other things I can't even remember--I couldn't figure out what the dish was trying to be, and there were far too many things going on to enjoy it.

The rest of the experience was fine--service was good, and the restaurant itself is a little rustic, which gave it a really nice vibe. When it comes down to it, though, the food wasn't great, and that's what we came for. Try Venable on the other side of Carr Mill for something better (or even Acme across the street).

1  Thank adscram14
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere, great! The cheese board, great! The food, great! The service not so great. My wife and I took our son and his wife to dinner for his birthday and things didn't start off to good. We had reservations for six, the place was empty but they couldn't seat us for ten minutes. Once seated it literally took 15 minutes for a server to acknowledge us. My son felt so bad about us waiting he asked if we wanted to go somewhere else. However, the food was fantastic!! The server was fine but not that attentive. I would still go back!