“Best Pastrami Ruben In Town”
Review of Neal's Deli

Neal's Deli
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Carrboro
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by here for a quick lunch before heading to a wedding in Chapel Hill. We ordered a pastrami ruben, and pimento cheese sandwich with a side of potato salad. High quality ingredients, and great flavor. Dining in is nice on the outdoor patio, but take away orders seem like a great option too.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

I got the Marinated Tuna sandwich to-go while attending a tennis tournament in Chapel Hill. I am a fan of good tuna and the added ingredients of capers and marinated anchovies made it sound like something I would love.

I did like their housemade green tomato pickle - what an unusual and pleasant side!

By the time I got back to the tournament to eat the sandwich, it was a soggy mess. I mistakenly expected a hunk of tuna in the sandwich, so I was disappointed to see shredded tuna out of a can. Perhaps that was my fault for not recognizing in the description that it was albacore tuna which usually does come out of a can. For a $9 sandwich, I expected better.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Well, everything is excellent at Neals. Home made quality in every single offering: Soups, salads, sides, all of it. Their breakfast items are a tribute to Southern cooking at its finest. Go there. Really.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Great authentic deli style sandwiches. My only complaint is they are only for lunch. Great pickles and corned meat. Best gluten free sandwich options I've found as well.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

There is no shortage of places to get good biscuits in the Triangle. The best, however, are to be found at Neal's Deli. They also have a wide array of homemade soups, sides and sandwiches. Oh, and did I mention I've never had better grits ANYWHERE? Neal's is a great place to go for breakfast or lunch, though you can't get biscuits after 11. It's a very small venue with limited indoor seating but there are tables and chairs outside and they will bring you your order if you are outside. They also do a brisk takeout business. I like to eat there and then have an excellent cappuccino next door at the Open Eye.