“BEST PLACE FOR BREAKFAST”
Review of Elmo's Diner

Elmo's Diner
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Carrboro
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Like a true diner, we serve homemade food and breakfast all the time. We have comfy booths, as well as tables, and lots of high chairs and boosters for the little ones! We are a gathering place where locals are sure to see someone they know and visitors are likely to make new friends. We’re a community restaurant both in the sense that we are a local favorite and in the sense that we strive to be good neighbors and give back to our community
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

A nice place to eat that has a huge variety of any type of homemade American style food that you want. But the breakfast dishes that are served in the morning are what makes me come back here. I had the cranberry apple pancakes and the pumpkin pancakes with turkey bzcon and to me they are as delicious, and probably even better than anything else I had from anywhere else. I truly recommend eating at Elmo's if you ever get the chance to.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Have had high praise for Elmo's in the past and my family has always liked it as outlined in my previous reviews. Ate dinner here with my two daughters who are students at UNC.

However we ate fairly late on a Thursday night arriving around 8:40 PM and had several problems. Elmo's was not crowded at the time. A server promptly took our order. The order took a very long time to come out, much longer than normal.

Then when our food finally came out we discovered it was cold! We were going to tell our server but didn't see her and as it was late decided to go ahead and eat the food as was. One of my daughter's got macaroni and cheese but couldn't eat it. I tasted it and it agreed it didn't taste good.

Our server did not check back with us the whole meal. Despite being cold, the food was very good.

The main reason for this review is to let Elmo's Management know we had these problems. We will dine at Elmo's again and hopefully this was an anomaly.

Samantha M, Social Media Coordinator at Elmo's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing meal with us recently. It sounds like several things did not go well from slow service to cold food. We look forward to having you dine with us again and welcome the opportunity to make things right for you. I appreciate your bringing these issues to my attention. I will work with staff on the specifics you mention here. We are always striving to improve and better serve our customers. On your next visit please seek out a manager so that we can ensure your meal goes smoothly! Thanks again for taking the time let us know of these issues and for giving us the opportunity to improve. Micah Asby, Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We had no wait on a Saturday morning for breakfast. The service was fast, just like you would expect in a diner. We were looking for down home cooking, not the trendy places that seem to proliferate in the area, and we found it at Elmo's. Will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Dive2Provo
Samantha M, Guest Relations Manager at Elmo's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Your enjoyment is our goal! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic service, unique atmosphere, great menu and prices. We enjoyed the salmon cakes and chicken dumplings. The apple pumpkin bread as a side was delicious! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Great home cooking! Love the environment and the food warms your soul! Located in a great area. They have all of the family favorites!

So happy you enjoyed yourselves! We love that our food warms your soul! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return.