“Amazing Sushi & Great Introduction to Carborro”

Akai Hana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Carrboro
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We didn’t know what to expect on our visit to Carborro & we had dinner here our first night in town. Seriously WOW! Truly fantastic service from hostess to server and amazing sushi & Japanese cuisine. A real gem and wonderful atmosphere. We were able to enjoy a great meal after a long day of travel as well as a couple cold Kirins. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Perhaps it's better in Japan, but I try sushi whenever and wherever I go - even in Hawaii where the fish is uber-fresh - and have never found sushi to beat Akai Hana. Coupled with the great decor, nice patio, and friendly wait staff, can't be beat.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Akai Hana ("Red Flower") delivers on its food. Their menu is straightforward and understandable and their quality is consistent. I have eaten here many, many times over the years. It is a cozy setting, not the place to go if you and your sweetheart are having a knock-down, drag-out fight, though, okay, so take heed on that one!! There are a number of 2 and 4 top tables. Not a great place for a large group, in my opinion. Just because it is not a large restaurant. There is a small sushi bar if you like the whole prep thing, too.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We had a great time with family including young children. Lots of beautifully prepared dishes with much variety and pleasant service. Soup, salad, sushi and many choices of entrees.

1  Thank Jennifer I
Reviewed 28 April 2017

My daughters and I stopped here after a long day of house-hunting. It didn't look like much from the outside and I almost didn't stop, but my daughters wanted to give it a try. I am glad we did. The inside was nicely furnished and decorated. The restaurant was very clean and we were welcomed at the door. Our order was taken quickly. Prices were moderate. It took a little longer for the food to arrive than is typical, but not excessively long. Everything we ordered was hot and tasted great. Overall, a very nice dining experience. Glad we decided to give it a try.

1  Thank Sherrie C